Varicose veins require complex treatment, including drug therapy and the use of surgical and conservative methods. One of the ways to relieve the symptoms of the disease is to treat varicose veins.
There are many techniques available to improve venous health and reduce congestion. However, experts do not recommend using them without consulting your doctor, as improperly massage varicose veins can worsen symptoms and lead to complications. serious.
Is it possible to have a varicose massage?
Violation of venous circulation of the lower extremities is caused by weakened veins, the main source of the disease is often due to insufficient muscle tension. That is why doctors consider the treatment of varicose veins as an effective method of preventing and treating the disease.
A 10-12 session course of treatment is required to significantly improve vascular condition and reduce symptoms.
The main task of varicose veins is to reduce the load on the walls of blood vessels and increase their tonicity. In addition to medication, this can be done by conservative methods. Even a classic relaxation massage for varicose veins can significantly improve a patient's condition.
With the right technique you can:
- improves the general condition of blood vessels by increasing venous walls;
- increases venous blood flow and reduces venous load by increasing muscle tone;
- to reduce congestion in soft tissues by increasing microcirculation;
- reduces puffiness by increasing lymphatic flow.
According to official standards, only certain types of massage can be performed for varicose veins. In addition, when making a selection they need to pay attention to the patient's current condition, the stage of the disease, and the associated complications.
Unfortunately, such factors are often overlooked and many women do not think about the consequences of the trick. They did not ask their doctors whether anti-cellulite massage could be performed with varicose veins, but relied on the choices made by the masseuse.
Even a certified specialist cannot assess all the risks in a patient with varicose veins. Ideally, before the first session, he will apply for a certificate from the doctor, at worst, he will ignore the presence of varicose veins.
Vein specialists say that massaging the legs with varicose veins should be done with extreme caution, especially if the disease progresses.
It is believed that inappropriate physical impact on soft tissues and blood vessels can cause complications:
- dilates the veins further with the formation of large "vesicles" in which blood clots can form;
- rupture of the vessel wall with subsequent bleeding;
- inflammation of the vessel wall;
- detachable thrombus that can drift through a network of veins to internal organs.
Before deciding whether to treat varicose veins or not, the patient needs to have a preliminary examination, in the time it is possible to find out the conditions that prevent the use of this treatment.
There may be some contraindications to lower extremity massage with varicose veins: from existing skin lesions in the intended impact area to systemic pathologies that can immediately lead to complications. when physically acting on tissues.
The absolute reasons not to use massage techniques for varicose veins are:
- Acute inflammatory and infectious processes. The direct physical impact in such diseases can cause the spread of infection or thrombosis.
- Thrombophlebitis or a tendency to form blood clots. During the session, a blood clot can rupture with the subsequent development of ischemic stroke, myocardial infarction, or thromboembolism of internal organs (usually the lungs).
- Increases blood pressure degree 3. An increase in blood pressure adds stress to the veins and increases venous blood volume. The vessel wall is overly stretched and rupture may occur.
- Changes in blood vessels due to atherosclerosis. This procedure can cause the lipid plaque to separate and cause thrombosis, ischemia, and other complications.
It is strictly forbidden to massage the lower extremities with varicose veins for patients with dermatitis and skin diseases in the contact area.
Aside from the uncondition, this method has relative contraindications. For example, a procedure to apply certain oils or topical preparations is not done for people with individual intolerance to the fund.
The list of contraindications may also depend on the type of massage:
- contraindicated LPG massage for varicose veins, vacuum aspiration and anti-cellulite technique as a compensatory process;
- hydroponics should not be used for signs of trophic ulcer formation; Exposure to impulses
- using household electronic devices is contraindicated in arrhythmias and other heart diseases, epilepsy.
Important!Do not hide from a specialist or concurrent care practitioner or any potential illness that could result in a refusal to conduct the session. This can turn into dangerous health and life consequences.
Variety of varicose massages
There are several types of foot massages for varicose veins, which have distinct characteristics and are therefore used at different stages of the disease and different concurrent health disorders. Not many techniques have a major anti-varicose effect. Most foot massages for varicose veins are borrowed from cosmetic practice. This is a process with vapor sensing and vacuum exposure, lymphatic drainage, and modern LPG hardware techniques, hydraulic massage, and other techniques.
The use of cupping for lower limb varicose varicose disease is only allowed in stage 1, when there is no sign of decompensation (visible vein, tissue ischemia). With venous insufficiency, the vacuum created by the banks normalizes blood flow in capillaries and veins, eliminates edema, and helps normalize tissue nutrition. In the later stages, as well as in chronic varicose veins, any type of vacuum massage for varicose veins, including canned ones, is contraindicated.
The use of LPG massage for varicose veins - a more modern mechanical vacuum extraction technique - shows excellent results at stages 1 and 2 of the disease. With chronic and rapidly progressing varicose veins, this technique is contraindicated.
The use of gentle lymph drainage massage techniques for varicose leg varicose veins is justified at any stage of the disease, as it is accompanied by stagnant processes.
With the help of hardware or mechanics of the lymph drainage, significant improvement can be achieved in a number of ways:
- removes puffiness;
- improves tissue nutrition and reduces ischemic changes;
- restores venous blood flow;
- removes muscle spasm and relieves soreness.
For the popular anti-cellulite foot massage, for varicose veins, it can be used with extreme caution and only in the absence of superficial dilated and variable veinspronounced ischemia. In the early stages of the disease, any technique of this type of therapy will be helpful, especially if the patient is overweight.
With varicose veins, the anti-cellulite effect should not be accompanied by tissue heating. Massage for such patients with such a diagnosis is recommended without the use of ointments that warm and pre-warm the extremities.
Applying for varicose leg varicose legs can occur at any stage of the disease. It can be done in beauty salons and specialist clinics, as well as at home. A special hydromassage bath or a shower head with several water pressure modes can act as a hydromassage.
Along with normal warm water you can use healing solutions in the process:
- essential oils have a firming and toning effect;
- color of chrysanthemum or calendula;
- if you have severe leg fatigue, you can use a decoction that has a relaxing effect (mint, rosemary).
With varicose veins, you can also use a household mechanical massage machine for the legs, equipped with pimples, soft needles or a vibrating device. Such devices are most effective in the early stages of varicose veins, and in the case of chronic severe vein damage, it will help alleviate the symptoms of the disease.
Foot massage for varicose veins at home
Home anti-varicose (independent) massage is an affordable and completely free alternative for those who are unable to go to the clinic or massage parlor for various reasons. Self-massage of the legs with varicose veins is just as necessary as the use of oral medications and the use of external agents.
However, in order for exposure to not harm ships some rules need to be observed:
- before performing varicose massage consult your doctor and follow your doctor's recommendations;
- scrutinizes the literature describing different techniques and selects the type of exposure appropriate for the current state and degree of varicose veins;
- studies contraindications and assesses the alertness of your condition, not ignoring the signs of change that hinders the use of massage techniques.
To perform foot massage at home when you have varicose veins, you not only need theoretical knowledge but also special equipment: massage machine, cream and gel, special shower (ifchoose hydraulic massage method), as well as compressed underwear, should be worn immediately after a workout. . . You should buy them in specialized stores.
An algorithm to perform varicose lower extremities massage is standard for any type of procedure:
- Rest and reduces the circulatory system of the extremities. Lie down 10-30 minutes before starting the session, and place your feet on pillows or rollers so that they are slightly above your heart.
- The procedure should be started immediately after resting, not getting up or moving. Just sitting in a comfortable chair or the edge of the bed with your feet on the floor is enough.
- Before massaging your feet, you should apply anti-varicose veins (any creams or ointments prescribed by your doctor) on the skin. It is not necessary to dispense the medication over the entire surface of the foot - simply squeezing the pill into the palm of the hand and warmth is enough.
- It should start working from the lower part of the leg, gradually rising from the foot to the hip.
- It is necessary to perform movements in a smooth manner, without sudden jerks and pressure. Wide range of motion. When performing hydrostatic, performing circular motions with limited amplitude.
- Where arachnoid and convex veins are visible, the pressure level on the tissue should be minimal.
Each leg should be massaged for at least 20 minutes, then they are in a starting position - lying down with their feet slightly raised - and held for 10-15 minutes. Then you can put on the compression clothes.
If during use, a burning sensation appears, pale skin, swelling and severe pain should be stopped.
For a more active, active look, at least 10 self-massage is required. The interval of 1 or 2 days must be observed between the individual treatments. A daily massage for varicose veins can cause complications.