Failure to see the varicose vein doctor in time is the main reason why you are too late to treat your condition with ointments or gels. The doctor must prescribe a more effective treatment, the most effective of which is varicose leg surgery.
Don't forget that even surgical resection of the affected vessels does not guarantee a complete cure - the disease can spread to healthy tissues.
Phlebologist - why contact him
Who should I contact if varicose veins are suspected? Don't wait until the disease has spread, having had the first symptoms as the main reason to see a doctor. Only a vein doctor can confirm or deny a diagnosis and should be contacted in advance. Only him, if necessary, can refer another specialist.
For what symptoms do you need to see a vein doctor immediately? Not too few of them:
- Bright asterisks of blood vessels appear in the lower extremities;
- severe in the legs, often with severe swelling;
- convulsions, most often disturbed at night;
- changes skin tone, it becomes darker and unnatural.
If you don't go to the hospital quickly, the disease will develop rapidly, the spider veins will begin to grow in size and protrude on the skin. The only treatment option in these cases is varicose leg surgery, which will be prescribed by a vein surgeon after a thorough examination.
What types of surgeries can a foot surgeon recommend
Surgical treatment may be ordered depending on the extent of vascular damage. Only a vein doctor can determine which method to eliminate the disease is needed, but this will need some research.
Types of foot surgeries:
- Minor Surgery. It is performed with minor vascular lesions. During the surgery, the doctor makes holes through which the veins are removed. After the procedure, minor defects remain in the lower extremities, almost not visible.
- Vertebrae. Surgery is the most common but also the most damaging to the skin, leaving scarring. The surgeon makes a long incision to remove the vessels affected by the disease. Short rehabilitation - the next day the patient can go home.
- Short stripping. Incisions are not performed - the surgeon makes several punctures through which only the diseased part of the vessel is removed.
- Therapeutic Therapy. A special substance is injected into the affected vessels, which binds the damaged tissues. There is no postoperative time - patients can go home immediately after the procedure.
- Endothelial coagulation. Shining a laser into the affected veins is the safest and fastest treatment. Efficacy and painless are the main advantages of this treatment.
Varicose vein surgery in the leg is the most extreme treatment option, although in most cases it turns out to be the most effective.
Surgical laser varicose
New methods of medicine help practically remove the affected vessels of the lower extremities without causing pain and only minor injuries. Laser surgery for varicose veins is an excellent alternative to surgical treatment.
When is endothelial coagulation indicated? There are not too few reasons for surgery and all do not respond to topical treatment or pills:
- varicose veins
- , in which large and important vessels are affected;
- worsened and swelling in the lower extremities did not respond to other treatment;
- changes the nutrition on the skin;
- lower extremities were ulcerated because topical medicine is not affected.
How does it work? The surgeon makes an incision in front of the affected circuit and inserts a special probe with a laser tip. The laser will paste the affected area of the blood vessel, then the next incision is made and the vein is restored.
Laser treatment - what are the advantages of this over other activities
Despite the considerable number of surgical treatments for varicose veins, the laser effect has become popular among patients. An important role here is due to the low cost of the procedure, but the victims of the disease are often attracted by the painlessness of the surgical procedure and the effectiveness.
There are many advantages to laser treatment that also attracts patients:
- right after the activity, you can go home and start your daily activities;
- procedure is performed under local anesthesia;
- leaves no consequences on the skin;
- procedure is done in just a few hours;
- does not require post-operative recovery;
- is not in danger of bruising or bleeding; Practical process
- has no contraindications.
Before the surgery, you will have to undergo special studies that help to accurately determine that there are no other treatment options. During an additional examination, it will also be revealed whether there are contraindications or not and whether the laser activity leads to complications or side effects.
Consequences may arise after action
Even if the operation, regardless of the chosen method, succeeds, there is no guarantee that unpleasant and undesirable consequences will not arise. Usually, especially with surgical intervention, scarring can persist for a lifetime. To avoid this, you can check with your doctor in advance which medicines or folk remedies will help accelerate the healing process and prevent scarring.
Another possible postoperative consequence is relapse. Even if the procedure is successful, the doctors cannot guarantee that healthy tissues will not be affected by the disease. Of course, this won't happen immediately, but it is better to carefully monitor the condition of the vessels and at the first sign of damage immediately consult a doctor.
You can ask your doctor how to avoid unpleasant consequences right after surgery. Not only is the vein physician obliged to detail what measures to be taken to prevent it, but also to recommend medications or folk remedies that can be used at home to prevent recurrence.
Rehabilitation - things you need to do to avoid complications after surgery
It is only after some type of surgery that rehabilitation is required and this stage has its own characteristics. The requirements and rules that the patient must adhere to are determined by the individual specialist, on an individual basis.
Usually, during rehabilitation, medical underwear is prescribed, which helps strengthen the vascular wall where surgery is performed. The type and type of compressed knitwear are prescribed only by a doctor, this cannot be done independently in all cases - a mistake in the selection carries the risk of a relapse. The length of time to wear medical lingerie is also determined by the vein doctor - for some patients, a few weeks are enough, for others, with complications, they will have to wear a jumpsuit in timelonger.
Another recovery phase is the use of special drugs that help restore blood flow in the operated vessels. The drug is prescribed only by an intravenous specialist, and many drugs have many contraindications that need to be carefully understood before use.
Varicose leg surgery is almost the only way to get rid of a progressive disease. You shouldn't be afraid to see your doctor if the disease develops quickly and cannot be cured, affects healthy tissues - if you don't stop the disease right away, you may even be inoperable.