Varicose veins or varicose veins is a disease that is increasingly rejuvenating every year and is one of the pressing problems of our time. If at the early stage of development the pathology is not so frightening, its progression threatens to serious problems.
Therefore, even if varicose veins have discovered themselves, it is very important to start fighting it right away, not wait until the disease develops. The early stage treatment as well as the prevention of varicose veins, which traditional medicine has proven so well, we will talk about treating the disease at home.
What is varicose veins
Before starting to deal with a problem in different ways, it is important to understand the type of disease we are talking about, what its developmental mechanism is. Varicose veins means a pathological process accompanied by deformation of the vessels responsible for carrying blood to the heart.
Deformation, as the name implies, means to dilate, but in addition, veins elongate, thin walls as well as disruption of the venous valve system, allowing blood to rise above, surpassing the force of gravity. force.
The development of varicose veins is dangerous because of a violation of blood circulation in the vascular bed, disruption of system circulation and sluggishness that occurs in the veins themselves. The more the disease develops, the more serious the consequences, possibly forming hematomas under the skin and nutritional sores, causing thrombosis. In most cases, the disease develops in the vessels of the leg, because the lower extremities are subjected to a heavy load.
Activities to strengthen the circuit wall
Taking into account all of the above, it is reasonable to assume that in order to prevent the progression of varicose veins, it is necessary to prevent the deformation process, which can be done by strengthening the vascular wall. Hence, we will now be looking at various techniques for achieving this goal and improving the patient's overall condition.
Apple Cider Vinegar
One of the most popular and effective remedies for varicose veins, however, it is very important to use natural apple cider vinegar and not to use acetic acid with aromatherapy (both options are available). available for free in stores, carefully read the description on the label). The formulas look like this:
- Immediately after showering, just pour vinegar on your leg where the vein is swollen, then wait until the solution is absorbed, you don't need to wipe it off. This procedure will help eliminate the feeling of heaviness and soreness.
- In a similar way, you can treat problem areas, apply vinegar with light massages. It is better not to do this after taking a bath but before going to bed.
- A very effective method is to wrap - roll the cheesecloth 2-3 times, dip it in apple cider vinegar, squeeze it gently and apply to the problem area. Then use a towel to wrap the leg over the gauze, wrap it up with a wrap. In this case, it is better to raise your legs above body level. This method effectively eliminates the symptoms of swelling and discomfort, lasts about 30 minutes, you do not need to wash your feet after the procedure.
Horse chestnut anti-varicose veins
Another extremely effective and well known remedy for dealing with varicose veins, there are many recipes we will consider the most effective:
- Alcohol in vodka or alcohol - for cooking, you need 50 grams of fruit cut into small pieces, with the skin intact. Put them in a glass container, fill with 250 ml of alcohol or vodka, then cover tightly and leave in a cool, warm place for 14 days, sometimes remember to stir. After the prescribed time, filter the alcohol and drink it for 3 weeks, 15 drops before meals, three times a day.
- There is also a product for topical and medicinal use, 5 pure chestnuts and 5 tablespoons of this plant's flower cluster. Grind the indicated ingredients with a blender or coffee grinder, and mix well with 500 ml of vegetable oil (sunflower oil will work). Then soak the mixture for 2 hours in a water bath, wait until it cools down and then store it in the refrigerator in a glass box. The method of application is very simple, rub the ointment 1-2 times a day on problem areas on the legs.
Healing with the best vegetables
Vegetables such as tomatoes, potatoes, and cabbage have long been proven effective in treating varicose veins, and can be actively used on the skin. The treatments in this case are as follows:
- Tomatoes- Cut a few tomatoes into thin slices and place them on your feet where you can see the swollen vessels. Then wrap the leg with some kind of fabric and wrap the elastic on top, not tight, can leave overnight.
- Potatoesis the most democratic approach and at the same time very good. You will need potato peels, which also need to be applied on the legs with the face down, you can simply wrap the elastic bandage on top and not leave the pressure bandage for 2-3 hours.
- Cabbageis used similarly to a potato, but before you apply it to your feet, you need to make several small incisions on the leaves of the vegetable using a knife to follow it. It is also recommended that the face of the cabbage leaves, which meets the legs, be lubricated with vegetable oil.
Perhaps, in folk medicine, there is no industry where bee waste is left unused. Apitherapy means using propolis, honey, beeswax. Given the fact that most people have honey in the kitchen, consider one of the best ways to use it for varicose veins:
- Take a baking sheet of parchment and apply honey on it, not in a thick layer, meaning no more than 2 mm. Then, place a honey cloth on the leg area, where there are signs of varicose veins and wrap it up with a membrane. The next layer of the packing tape is fixed with elastic tape, it should be held on the leg for about two hours. However, during the course of treatment, which lasts 30 days, daily, if there are no side effects on the skin, the time of application increases by one hour. Finally, the gauze is applied overnight and only removed in the morning.
Apply laundry detergent
Laundry soap is a natural product, although it has an unpleasant odor, it only includes water, clay, sodium and vegetable fats. Thanks to this chemical composition, soap helps to relieve swelling, inflammation, even eliminate the "star" of blood vessels and prevent the appearance of nutritional sores. You can deal with varicose veins with laundry soap in a variety of ways, but it's best to use ointments and compresses:
- To prepare the compression, you will need to add 10 acetylsalicylic acid tablets in 250 ml of vodka for 2 days (only in a glass container with a sealed lid). After 2 days, 25 grams of soap, cut into small pieces, were mixed in the resulting solution. Then moisten the cheesecloth several times in the solution and place on the problematic leg, leave it on for no more than 60 minutes. This method will reduce pain, inflammation, and swelling.
- Ointment - in addition to soap, this recipe includes vegetable oil (150 ml), propolis (100 g) and beeswax (100 g). Initially, crush 150 grams of soap, then pour sunflower or olive oil into the resulting flakes, then add propolis, honey and mix everything. Now put the mixture in an enameled or glass vessel in a water bath and stir until it is completely homogeneous. When the ointment is ready, put it in a glass bottle with a lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Rub the ointment daily on the areas with varicose veins on the legs, it is better to do this before going to bed, and so as not to contaminate your clothes or objects, tie the treatment area with a bandage.
Benefits of Acacia flowers
White acacia alcohol is very popular, also works to cope with varicose veins in the first stage. For processing, take 100 grams of dry glue and pour the ingredients into a glass jar with 500 ml of vodka, then leave in a cool dark place for 21 days, remember to stir occasionally. As soon as the time is up, a grated slice of lemon is added to the alcohol and kept for another week. With the resulting tincture, you need to wipe your feet morning and evening in places with local varicose veins.
Of course, for the treatment of varicose veins at home, only with the help of traditional medicine is justified in the early stages of the disease. But even in this case, it is necessary to consult a doctor before using any remedy.
In addition, doctors also make some recommendations in combination with the chosen treatment method that will help improve the patient's condition and reduce the likelihood of disease development:
- Proper nutrition - it is very important to try to eat healthy foods, excluding fatty, fried, smoked, sweet, salty, and sour foods from your diet. To improve your condition, prioritize vegetables, diet meats, fermented dairy products, vegetables and fruits. Beets, tomatoes, cabbage, tamarind, citrus fruits, blueberries, blackberries, blackcurrant are especially helpful for varicose veins.
- You can prevent the disease with the help of special pressed knitwear, in other words, patients with any form of varicose veins need to wear press clothing.
- Live active and active, do sports, it is best to prioritize yoga, swimming, and gentle exercise. Exercise every day or find a physical therapist.
- You should also consult your doctor about the use of the drug, as combined with traditional methods such treatment will give much better results.