With the help of folk remedies for varicose veins, you can stop the development of the disease for many years. They cannot be considered as an alternative to drug therapy, but they can help reduce edema and get rid of other negative phenomena with the disease.
Effectiveness of folk methods
Folk remedies for varicose veins help activate the body's latent forces and make the body fight off disease on its own, but you should not consider them as panacea. Many patients of the older generation first begin treatment for varicose veins with folk remedies, and then see them. You can not do it! First of all, you always need to consult with a vein doctor, get recommendations from your doctor about treatment, do blood tests to determine the level of platelets. All folk remedies are designed to counteract the cause of the development of varicose veins, but not the consequences, so they are effective in the early stages of the disease.
Nutmeg Recipe # 1
Folk remedies for varicose veins include recipes based on nutmeg. These fruits have gained popularity due to the fact that they stimulate blood circulation. However, do not consume more than one nutmeg per day. This will lead to intoxication and hallucinations. Cardamom to treat varicose veins is used in the following way:
- whole nuts are pulverized;
- 1/3 teaspoon of the obtained product is poured with 250 ml of boiling water;
- After the mixture cools, add one teaspoon of honey.
Drink this broth right before breakfast. Should prepare a new portion every day, otherwise the essential oils from the product will fade, negatively affecting the effectiveness. Some healers recommend that you prepare vodka with nutmeg. 200 grams of seed powder is poured with 1 liter of vodka alcohol, the mixture is allowed to incubate for 1 week. Take the drug 3 times a day, each time 20 drops 30 minutes before meals.
Formula 2 based on honey and propolis
varicose veins from honey is a popular way to normalize the state of blood vessels. Cloth soaked with honey and then applied to the legs. A plastic wrap is covered with plastic. If you fear that such a design might slip somewhere, then you can put on socks or stockings. Should compress before going to bed. You can prepare propolis alcohol using the following formula:
- 20 grams of crushed propolis and 30 grams of gray-skinned jaundice, 0, 5 lemons with peel added to it; The resulting mixture
- was poured with 300 ml of vodka alcohol and incubated for 3 weeks; The
- pre-mixed infusion was used for foot massaging for one month.
Apitherapy for varicose veins is indicated for people who are not allergic to bee stings. If the patient has a mild reaction to honey or propolis, this treatment for varicose veins cannot be applied. The procedures are performed by a doctor. He grows a certain number of bees on a biologically active area. After the bite, the sting remains in the patient's body for a while for the poison to completely seep into the leg.
Recipe number 3 from green tomatoes
Unripe tomatoes are considered to be a great folk remedy for swelling of the legs caused by varicose veins. Doctors hypothesize that an unripe vegetable contains an increased amount of lycopene, so the topical medicine from this plant perfectly relieves pain and swelling of the veins. The formula itself is quite simple. Green tomatoes are cut into large pieces and applied to the venous nodes. Should fix the vegetables with ice. Hold the gauze as needed until a burning sensation appears. Healing experts recommend performing the procedure at night.
Ginger recipe # 4
The benefits of this plant are legendary! It is used to improve digestion, lose weight, get rid of migraines, etc. v. To treat varicose veins in your legs with folk remedies, you will need raw ginger root. Regular dry seasoning will not work.
One of the popular home remedies for toning the body, improving blood flow and reducing fatigue is a tea made from this spice.
Preparing the tea is very easy: you need to cut a small piece from the roots, pour boiling water over it, and incubate for ten to fifteen minutes. Take this remedy at a temperature that is comfortable for yourself. Ginger for varicose veins not only helps to cope with poor varicose veins, but also activates the metabolism, so such tea drinkers gradually lose weight. Ginger compresses are also effective against varicose veins. Prepare it like this:
- The roots are very smooth.
- The resulting gel is mixed with honey.
- The mixture is applied to inflamed veins for about three to four hours.
To increase the effect of the compressing, you can wrap the top with a film, then wear warm pants or lie under the blanket. Duration of treatment is one month.
Horse Chestnut Recipe # 5
Treatment of varicose veins at home with folk remedies is rarely complete without horse chestnut. An tincture is prepared on the basis of the fruit of the plant. The ingredients are crushed with a meat grinder to a smooth consistency, then put in a three-liter jar, half filled with vodka. The mixture is infused for one month. The ratio of chestnuts to vodka should be one to three. Several times a week, while the mixture is infused, it is shaken, and then returned to its place.
One month later, prepared tinctures were used to wipe veins damaged by varicose veins. Some physicians recommend using the inner remedy, but before that you should consult a doctor, as chestnuts are toxic and can cause bleeding as it reduces blood clotting. The infusion can be done orally if you have an exact increase in platelet counts in the blood.
Viburnum Recipe # 6
Like ginger, the berries of the plant can be used as a health drink or as a compress. The liver compresses for varicose veins are formulated in the standard way. The berries are crushed to grind, then mix this mixture on a bandage or cotton cloth, then apply on the affected area. It is necessary to keep such a preparation for 8-9 hours, so compressing is recommended to be done at bedtime. The preparation of drinks is very simple. 500 ml of juice obtained from honeysuckle fruit, then add 2 tablespoons of honey to the liquid. Allergy sufferers can do without the last ingredient. Drink 2 tablespoons 4 times a day.
Formula 7 based on mummies
This particular product is great for treating swelling and congestion. If you are not afraid of unpleasant odors and high cost, you can make a mummy medicine to treat varicose veins. They only provide good support in the early stages of the disease. Mumiyo is mixed in a ratio of 1 to 5 with kerosene. Mix ingredients thoroughly until smooth. Rub the obtained ointment 3 times a day on the affected areas of the legs. Rinse off 1-2 hours after applying. Some people recommend consuming a mixture of mummy, honey and milk. It is formulated in a 1: 6: 6 ratio. Therapy lasts 1 month.
Formula # 8 from Adam's apple
The Maclu fruit itself is poisonous. You cannot eat them, like snake venom, but you can use them to make homemade ointments. You will need lard (lard), Adam's apple and a glass of water. The tank was filled with fifteen millimeters of molten bacon, and then the apple slices of Adam were placed in a layer of ten millimeters. The process is repeated until all ingredients are used up. The last layer should be lard. The container is then burned slowly, the resulting mixture is heated, then filtered, allowed to cool, and used to replace the ointment 2 times a day. In the same way, you can cook pumpkin to treat varicose veins.
Recipe # 9 from lemon
Lemon varicose treatment can be external and internal. Unfortunately, this citrus regular tea won't do any good in improving the tone of the veins, but pure lemon juice is a good way to prevent further vascular destruction. You can make a slice of lemon juice. To do this, cut the citrus into circles and apply them over the affected areas. You need to wear such gauze all day, change into a new ring every 3-4 hours. Of course, for tight fixation, the leg is bandaged.
Potato recipe # 10
This folk remedy is the most affordable because this vegetable can be bought at any vegetable store. Treatment of varicose leg veins in women with potatoes is done in the following way:
- The tubers are washed and peeled, then scraped on a medium extractor.
- As a result, the bad smell will spread to the place where the disease is harmful.
- 8 layers of bandage or gauze were wrapped on the potato, and then everything was fixed with a film.
The compression will be kept for about 4 hours. It is made from fresh potatoes. Potatoes are not suitable for these purposes.
Onion recipe # 11
Onion peels are effective for varicose veins, not vegetables. You can use it to boost your immune system, eat it raw or cook some meals with it. Onion peels can be processed in one of the following ways:
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion peel for 500 ml boiling water. The mixture is infused for 6 hours, and then filtered. Drink 3 times a day for 75 ml each. The course of treatment is 10 days.
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onion skin poured into 100 ml of vodka. This mixture is soaked for 7 days in a dark and cool place. As a result tincture is taken 20 drops a day 3 times a day 15 minutes before eating. The course of treatment is 14 days.
Formula # 12 based on fish oil
Fish oil for varicose veins is often taken by mouth. This product allows you to speed up the metabolism and get rid of fluid stagnation in the limbs.
If for one reason or another you don't like to use such a remedy, then you can create a compression solution out of it. To do this, fish oil and honey are mixed in a 1: 1 ratio. The resulting mixture is smeared onto a cotton cloth or gauze, and then covered with varicose veins. Therapists recommend using May honey as a compress, but if not available, you can use any other.
Celery recipe # 13
Treating varicose leg veins with folk remedies is not always easy. Celery for varicose veins is contraindicated to eat, but it can be added to carrot juice along with spinach.
Drink the drink immediately. The ratio of carrot juice to the other ingredients is 7: 3: 3.
Garlic recipe # 14
Garlic is effective for varicose veins in the form of compression. In this recipe the healer uses the plant's ingredients directly. It contains many natural essential oils that irritate the vascular wall. Prepare a bag of varicose garlic packs like this:
- Garlic, together with the peel, is ground into pulp.
- Butter is added to shredded product 1 to 2.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- The resulting ointment is applied to the affected veins at bedtime and a bandage is applied over it. Duration of treatment is 1 month.
Formula number 15 is based on the wormwood tree
Among the folk remedies for varicose leg varicose veins, those with wormwood in their composition are considered to be effective in the second stage of the disease. This plant promotes blood thinning, so it is effective in the second stage of the disease. The plant also stimulates digestion, improves the flow of bile from the liver and enhances overall metabolism. When used properly, the plant will contribute to destroying pathogenic microflora in the body. Wormwood for varicose veins can be used in a variety of ways:
- The simplest recipe is to add 3 tablespoons of chopped herbs to a 500 ml flask, then pour vodka on top. You need to insist on the remedy for 14 days. Once the alcohol is ready, it is used to lubricate the damaged areas of the legs.
- Yogurt is obtained from a tree for compression. It is mixed with wormwood leaves and head. The result will be exhausting. It is applied to the legs. The limbs are bandaged. You should apply this compress at night.
Despite the fact that wormwood is one of the most effective anti-varicose plants, it should not be used for thrombophlebitis.
Rosehip Formula # 16
The folk recipes for varicose veins often include stained water from rose hip seeds. Indeed, this plant has a rich vitamin composition. It contains magnesium, phosphorus, essential oils and other beneficial substances. But in itself, varicose rose hip won't force the body to regenerate. Rosehip should be taken in small doses, as it can cause blood clots and irregular heartbeat. For this reason, it is only possible to treat varicose veins with this plant after having the official consent of the doctor. Doctors recommend treatment with rose hip in the following cases:
- severe mental or physical fatigue;
- with exacerbation of cholecystitis, to facilitate the outflow of bile;
- if the skin is severely peeling off due to vitamin deficiency;
- if you have digestive problems.
Alcohol is not difficult to prepare. 15 grams of the plant poured with 500 ml of boiling water, then wait for the broth to cool.
Do not take this remedy on an empty stomach. It can only be consumed after a meal. It is recommended to sharpen about 100 ml of water 3 times per day. For a cold, you can add raspberries to rose hip. This broth activates the body's immune system.
Stinging nettle recipe # 17
Stinging nettle helps to remove a high platelet count. Treatment can be carried out both with the help of specialized decoction and other methods. Treatment of the affected area with a nettle brush is considered to be especially effective for treating varicose veins. Movements should be from foot to hip. The first few hours, the treated areas will itch, but then everything will pass. The advantage of this procedure is to activate blood flow.
Herbal medicine for varicose veins also includes the use of decoction from nettle. Must crush 2 tablespoons of dried leaves of the plant, then put in a thermos, cover with 2 cups of boiling water. The agent should be infused for 3-4 hours. Once the infusion is ready, it is consumed at 1/3 of the total volume 3 times a day. When the liquid is over, you need to cook more.
Formula # 18 is based on aloe
With the help of aloe vein varicose veins can only be treated in the early stages. The plant promotes tissue regeneration, but itself is not needed to help fight disease. Should be combined with drug therapy. Aloe vera can be used in the following ways:
- Rub your feet with aloe juice. This will help reduce muscle spasm and reduce leg edema.
- Mix 100 grams of aloe juice with 5 grams of mummies. The feet are lubricated 2 times a day for 28 days. This remedy also promotes the healing of minor skin wounds, but it is not used for nutritional ulcers.
- Mix Kalanchoe and aloe juice in equal proportions, then add 30 ml of vodka. Stir the mixture well, then apply it to the feet.
- Mix aloe juice, sea buckthorn and olive oil well, then apply the resulting mixture on feet twice daily for 1, 5 months.
Formula number 19 is based on the golden mustache
Collision is known as a common cure for many different diseases. The effectiveness of the plant in the treatment of various diseases is very simple to explain. It has a rich composition. Using yellow beard to treat varicose veins along with other herbs is more powerful than using a single herb. To improve blood flow, you should use the following folk remedies for varicose veins:
- 3-4 gold-cut puree mustache mixed with 2 cups of honey;
- add the juice of 6 lemons and 5 crushed garlic bulbs into the mixture;
- ingredients were well mixed, sealed in a glass container and infused for 7 days.
The resulting mixture is used 2 teaspoons 2 times a day for a month. This preparation will help get rid of complications with varicose veins and reduce severe edema.
Lilac Recipe # 20
The varicose lilac is made from leaves according to the standard scheme, that is, they fill half a 500 ml vial, then add vodka to it. This mixture is infused for a week, and then the limbs covered with drugs are obtained. It is allowed to use the flowers of this plant instead of the leaves. Traditional healers recommend using lilac bark in the fight against venous nodes. It is applied to the affected area, and from above is fixed with a bandage. You need to wear such gauze all day.
Formula # 21 is based on flaxseed
Use flaxseed for varicose veins if the swelling is severe. This product will help to remove excess liquid. Folk healers recommend that you use flaxseed water every 2 hours. Prepare it like this:
- Add 500 ml of water to the fire and bring to a boil;
- add 4 tbsp of flaxseed;
- mixture is boiled for 15 minutes, then let cool and filtered if necessary.
Take the broth 4 tablespoons every 2 hours until the swelling subsides. Be sure to read its contraindications to use before using the product. They are available on the seed package.
Mud Formula # 22
Doctors are confused about how to treat varicose veins with mud. Some experts say that these procedures improve blood circulation, helping the body eliminate toxins, while others claim they could be harmful.
The sludge for varicose veins should be cold. At home, keloids therapy is a body wrap method. You will need:
- wooden bowls and spoons (metal cannot be used); membrane
- dirt (available at drugstores or beauty stores);
- various additives.
In some cases clay can be added to the mud. These ingredients work well together. This mixture is diluted with water at room temperature until sour cream, and then applied to areas affected by varicose veins. This preparation stays on the skin for 1-2 hours. If you feel dry or tight, wash off any dirt, check your body for allergies and apply moisturizer.
Formula # 23 from carrot
Carrot tops for varicose veins have been in use for 30 years. The top of the tree can be obtained from any summer resident. Before preparing alcohol from this vegetable portion, blanch the leaves with boiling water. This will reduce the bitterness of the plant. A remedy for the treatment of vasodilation can be prepared according to one of the following formulas:
- For broth, 10 teaspoons chopped tops mixed with 2 liters of water. The resulting mixture is heated over low heat, filtered, then taken 20 ml 3 times a day. Duration of treatment is 14 days.
- One teaspoon of dry ingredients poured with 500 ml of boiled water, infused for 1 hour, then drank 100 ml 3 times a day.
- A more concentrated infusion is prepared in a thermos flask. Pour 1 teaspoon of herbs with one cup of boiling water, then let steep for 30 minutes. After the infusion cools down, drink it all. Eat up to 5 servings of this product per day.
Clay Formula # 24
This fine grained sedimentary rock is used in various aesthetic procedures. It is best used to treat vascular diseases, green clay. It perfectly penetrates the skin's barriers and contains many beneficial trace elements. The most common is the following clay recipe:
- 200-300 grams of dry material diluted with water to a thick sour cream consistency;
- mixture obtained is placed on areas with swollen veins (layer thickness - 2 cm);
- a cotton towel placed on a clay leather pad;
- , if desired, you can fix the attachment with the adhesive film.
Keep product on your feet for at least 2 hours. Folk healers recommend that you make an application every day. Duration of treatment is 1, 5 months. After the condition of the feet has improved, the thick clay mixture can be replaced with a cotton towel soaked in clay solution.
Remember that clay is not for everyone. If you have sensitive skin, replace the blue clay with red or pink if your skin is dry or irritated. If acne occurs, the product must be discarded.
Equation number 25 from hydrogen peroxide
This folk technique is considered somewhat dangerous to the health and especially the pancreas, so consultation with a doctor is required. Hydrogen peroxide from varicose veins is used in two ways. The first is oral medication. 1 drop of peroxide is diluted in 3 tablespoons of water and taken 2 hours after meals. Every day, the concentration of the substance is increased by 1 drop, bringing up to 10 drops. Then, rest for 72 hours and start to drip 10 drops every 2 days. A 3-day break is carried out between doses.
The second method is more invasive. Patients prepare a solution of 015% hydrogen peroxide, then inject into a vein by drip. If you have no experience in such maneuvers, then it is better not to do it. This introduction of hydrogen promotes the release of atomic oxygen. The vessel walls are cleaned so edema is free. The maximum dosage of the substance at a time is 250 ml.
Time and rules of treatment with folk remedies
One of the main factors influencing the effectiveness of alternative treatment is the stage of the disease. With a gentle relaxing effect on the blood vessels, they help reduce edema, improve skin condition and restore venous tone. Knowing the fear of varicose veins, you can prevent further growth, but you should not stop treatment completely after your symptoms disappear. You will have to repeat the procedures with the folk remedies that have applied to you every 3-4 months to prevent a relapse. Treatment Rule:
- Mix ingredients at the proportions recommended in a recipe.
- In case of burns, itching, and other confusing reactions, discontinue use of the product.
- Use the finished drug for the full duration of the recommended treatment, and not until the first improvements are made.
- Store in a cool place to avoid premature damage.
Combined with traditional treatments
Traditional medicine can only be incorporated into drug therapy with the approval of the venous specialist. Remember that at least 2 hours must pass between the use of tincture and the different pills. Using folk remedies, it is important to note that they cannot replace medicine, although some healers insist they are not. Additionally, some homemade drugs can be life-threatening, so treatment with these methods must be done very carefully.
Possible Risks and Contraindications
Folk remedies are not a panacea. They themselves can cause allergies and other negative reactions from the body. Contraindications to taking traditional drugs for the following diseases:
- diseases of the stomach and intestines;
- problems with blood clotting;
- liver and kidney disease;
- a severe stage of varicose veins accompanied by venous thrombosis.
Patients are asked to discuss any of the treatments with their doctor. Do not arbitrarily prescribe oriental medicine for yourself without examining your body.