Varicose veins of the spermatic veins is a fairly common condition characterized by increased diameter of the lumen, thinning of the vein wall and the appearance of "nodes".
Translated from the ancient Greek, "varicose veins" means "swelling". In theory, a similar disease can appear anywhere on the body, but the most common damage is in the leg.
The nature of the problem
The veins in the body play a very important role, representing a network of branched tanks that carry blood from tissues to the heart muscle. In the lower extremities, this network is manifested in the form of deep and superficial veins, which are connected together by an emergency blood discharge system.
As a rule, the main focus is on the deep veins, so they are significantly stronger and more voluminous. And on the surface, about 15% of the total work remains.
The heart is a "pump" that carries blood through veins. Some of the blood flows through gravity veins (when walking, moving or squatting). When the muscles are relaxed (when standing), the blood is pushed down under the effect of the same gravity. But it wasn't everything that simple, the valves on the side of the flask didn't allow her to turn.
In the event of the "rupture" of the valves, the veins are dilated and inflamed, they cannot keep the blood flowing. This process contributes to the veins of the veins that become bloated and flat. Impaired blood supply becomes the cause from which varicose veins begin to appear in the legs.
Causes of varicose veins
There are several reasons for this:
- Varicose veins can also be hereditary, that is, there is an inborn weakness of the vessel wall.
- The appearance of varicose veins can be related to human activity and immunity.
It is clear that the disease does not arise just like that, but has something to act as a driving force.
During sedentary work, the veins, or rather, in the pelvis, blood stagnation occurs, which then manifests itself in health problems. Varicose veins arise from sedentary lifestyles, so with standing work there are no barriers to its origin.
It is no coincidence that people call this disease first of all, the occupational disease of the shopkeeper and hairdresser.
The following are also obvious provocators:
- overweight (obese),
- Lift weights often
- injured his leg.
Another factor is increased intra-abdominal pressure. The size of the veins is constantly changing, inhaling - the veins narrow, exhale, on the contrary, expand. When a person squeezes hard, the veins become strained and under the pressure they begin to expand.
Of course, this doesn't mean everyone is at risk, but chronic constipation and coughing can cause varicose veins.
Varicose veins during pregnancy
Very often varicose veins in pregnant women. The enlarged uterus puts involuntary pressure on the veins from the legs. In this case, nature protected women from serious consequences and bestowed the body during pregnancy with enough sex hormones to make the walls of blood vessels pliable and soft. As a rule, here the disease is reversible, after childbirth, the veins return to their old state.
Absolutely any disease is easier to prevent than cure and varicose veins are no exception. Take a look at the main precautions:
- Forget about tight, uncomfortable shoes. Women should remember that the "daily" heel should not exceed five centimeters. In the evening, massage your feet and take a cool shower, then raise your feet up high and lie in this position for 15 minutes.
- Wear loose fitting clothes that don't have an elastic band or a belt that is too tight.
- Walk barefoot on pebbles if possible. At the very least, arrange for these treatments on your vacation.
- Control your diet. Eliminate, or at least reduce, your consumption of spicy, salty, and smoked foods. The same is true for alcohol.
- Sports is an excellent preventive measure for varicose veins. An exception can be the early stage of the disease. If you notice the first signs and symptoms in yourself, that means the load should be weak and before starting exercise, consult your doctor.
- If you have a sedentary job, try to get up as often as possible and walk through the room. Do the basic exercises, with at least a little jump. Do not cross your legs while sitting, this is very not good for blood circulation.
- Do not over-bath with tubs, saunas and hot tubs. After the "hot" procedure, be sure to rinse it off with cool water.
The development stages of varicose veins
- First stage.No pain or discomfort, only cosmetic defects. A branched pattern of veins appears on the legs, "stars" and "meshes" appear. In the evening, the legs swell a lot.
- Second stage.There is obvious swelling in the ankle area and more severe in the legs. In the evening there may be cramps, numbness, prickly needles.
- Third stage.Severe persistent swelling of the legs, scaly skin, changes in pigmentation in different locations, itching and dermatitis.
- Fourth stage.A nutritional ulcer appears on the skin of the foot.
Measures to take in the first stage
Varicose veins of the lower extremities, if in the onset stage, responds well to treatment, it is entirely possible that the "fighting" capacity will stop developing.
First, follow all the precautions described above. Reconsider your wardrobe, if necessary, get rid of all the "harmful" stuff, do the same thing with shoes. Give your feet a contrasting shower, more barefoot and a balanced meal.
Second, at the first symptoms when buying compressed underwear, it could be tights or stockings. The principle of their action is to distribute pressure throughout the legs so that blood circulation is normalized and symptoms are significantly reduced.
For the consultation, not only the phlebler doctor but also the gynecologist (for women) and orthopedic doctor. It is possible that hormonal birth control pills or flat feet could have caused circulation problems.
Prevention of varicose veins during pregnancy
Almost every pregnant woman faces problems with leg edema and circulatory disorders. The enlarged uterus continuously presses on the lower aorta, impeding its normal functioning.
But, as mentioned a little above, varicose veins in this case are reversible, it is key to take the necessary precautions in time.
- Buy comfortable orthopedic shoes so that your feet won't get tired while walking.
- Take a walk every day. Do not sit or stand for long periods of time. To avoid stagnant veins, while resting, put your foot on the hill.
- Wear compressed clothing to avoid puffiness.
- Light leg exercises will be a great help. The simplest foot movements in different directions are sufficient.
- Vitamin C is very good at preventing varicose veins, has many beneficial properties that will create elasticity of the veins, while reducing the risk of many diseases.
Treatment of varicose veins
It is only possible to cure the disease completely the way it is possible. Medicine and exercise are used as complementary methods.
Operations can be natural surgery or using the latest technology. Previously included vein resection, when dilated veins were removed.
In the second group with laser coagulation, with no incisions here, heat radiation is applied to the problem area of the body.
Another way to get rid of varicose veins is fibrosis therapy. A special solution is injected into the damaged vein using a thin needle, sticking the vessel walls and then dissolving them.
But no matter what the doctors wanted, they simply couldn't eliminate the main cause of varicose veins - weakening of the vein wall. You can only prevent the disease through preventive measures.
Below we list some exercises that will not take much time and the effect will be great. You can do them at home.
- Exercise 1.Lie on the floor, raise your feet 90 ° from the floor and begin to move your "from you to you" toes. Repeat 10 times.
- Exercise 2.In the prone position, raise your legs and "draw" circles with your feet 10 times in each direction.
- Exercise 3.The familiar "beam of light" has a healing effect. From a prone position, raise the legs and pelvis, place the back part on the arm. Hold in this position for a few seconds. Repeat 4 times.
- Tip:Take a moment to stretch it. First, your body will always be flexible, second, it contributes to the removal of blood from the veins.
- Exercise 4.Lie on the floor, legs together, knees facing opposite. Grab your legs and pull them towards you. Hold this position for a while. Play the exercise 4 times.
- Exercise 5.Lie on your left side and support your elbow, your right hand grabs your right foot. Do a few spring-ups with your hips back (try to touch your heels with your buttocks), lingering for 10 seconds. Do the same for the reverse side.
The purpose of drugs in the treatment of varicose veins is to create elasticity and normalization of the veins. Essential medication will be recommended by a specialist for complex treatment.
Creams containing anticoagulants can have a good preventive effect. The role of the latter drug is to anesthetize the affected areas, as well as to strengthen the blood vessels. Usually, anti-varicose cream preparations contain several vitamins: C, B5 and B1, thanks to them that the regeneration time is significantly reduced.
The drug is also popular in treatment, that is:
- improves vascular tone;
- reduces inflammation;
- accelerates blood flow and lymphatic flow;
- eliminates microcirculation disorders.
Tablets are divided into several groups: corticosteroids, colic, anti-thrombotic and nonsteroidal analgesics.
Conservative treatments are effective in the early stages of varicose veins, when a person feels heaviness in the legs and notices a network of veins in the skin. The sooner the corrective action is, the sooner and more accurate the results will be. Here are some simple yet effective recipes.
Compress the garlic
Gruel is prepared from crushed garlic and butter, in a 1: 2 ratio, then applied over the affected areas, fixed with paper and tape. Time of contact - evening, morning wash feet with warm water.
Chestnut alcohol for inner use. Pour fifty grams of dry product with 500 ml of alcohol. The resulting product should be filtered for 14 days. Drink three times per day before meals with water.
Pour leaves into half a liter jar and pour 70% alcohol on the rest. The resulting tincture should be placed in a dark place for two weeks, but shake it daily. The damaged areas are rubbed daily with the finished ointment.
Love yourself and be healthy!