Varicose veins are a common disease in men and women after the age of 30, but can also appear at an earlier age. If precautions are followed and exercises for varicose veins of the lower extremities are followed, it is possible to prevent the development of pathology, heal weakened vessels and capillaries.
Benefits of exercise therapy
Practicing exercises to treat varicose veins helps improve blood flow, increase the patient's physical endurance, strengthen the structure of damaged blood vessels and muscles.
If you do not skip physical therapy (exercise therapy), you can significantly reduce the course of the disease, reduce swelling and eliminate fatigue in the legs.
Exercises to prevent varicose veins and treat diseases are performed with the aim of thinning the fluid inside the vessels, eliminating swelling of the veins under the skin, and returning a natural shine to the skin.
- Strengthens the muscles of the legs with the participation of the hip area;
- Loads on the diaphragm to regulate blood flow and saturate the blood with nutrients;
- Hiking, stationary cycling, pedaling hard;
- Swimming in the pool.
Vein specialists recommend regularly engaging in exercise therapy twice a day, for 10 minutes. It is recommended to divide classes into several blocks - in the morning 5-7 minutes and the same amount before going to bed, giving preference to less load on the body.
Recommendations from doctors
Exercises for varicose veins in the legs are performed with the assistance of a physiotherapist and independently. It is important to monitor the exercise load, the flexibility of the movement, to avoid sudden twists and turns.
Overwork can only harm the patient, complicate the course of the disease. The room needs to be spacious and well ventilated. It is best to do leg exercises after waking up. It is important not to forget about compression knits and comfortable shoes.
Health care complex
Exercises for legs with varicose veins of the lower extremities include:
- To reduce leg fatigue in the evening - lie down, raise your legs high, hold for about 5 minutes;
- Connect legs, straighten arms, tiptoe up, stand for 2-3 seconds, come down;
- Lie on the floor, raise your legs, rotate your feet, inward and outward.
Systematic charging will stop the progression of the disease, reduce the risk of varicose veins from one stage to another and eliminate complications.
Fitness in the office
Exercises against varicose veins when working, sitting on a chair:
- Raise the leg in a straight position, making a circular motion with each limb;
- Raise the feet, place the feet on the toes, 15 passes for each leg;
- Extend your fingers, immobilize your heels on the floor;
- Perform a heel-to-toe roll.
For sedentary work, it is recommended to take a break of 5 minutes every hour. At this point, it is useful to perform movements in a standing position:
- Legs together, strengthen toes, lower legs;
- Walk on tiptoe, back straight;
- Place your hands on an imaginary wall or shoulder-width apart, bend your leg and shift the weight there, and throw the other foot back and on your heels, after 10 seconds, switch legs;
- Tear your heels alternately away from the floor, performing the exercise regularly, several times in one approach, at least 20 times per day.
Exercises to treat varicose veins in the legs give you time to rest, so after exercising your limbs for about 5-10 minutes, you need to lie down in a relaxed state to regulate your blood and recover. breathing recovery.
Attention! Exercise should not cause discomfort to affected veins, burning, tingling, swelling, or other complications of varicose veins. It is important not to forget about drug treatment to effectively cure the disease.
In the fight against varicose veins, Academician Mikulin's vibrating gymnastics proved to be very good. Special exercises for legs with varicose veins include only special jumping movements, the regular implementation of which will help eliminate the symptoms of varicose veins.
- After waking up, you need to stand up straight, straighten your arms along the body, and at the same time inhale, tiptoe up one centimeter. On an exhale, sharply lower your legs to the floor.
- When hitting with the heel, the body will receive a slight vibration, the thrust will direct the blood through the vessels upwards, as a result, the vessels will be opened from the inside.
- Mikulin's special jumps must be performed at least 60 times per day; You can't turn exercises into intense bouncing movements. The movement should be rhythmic, precise, every 20 push-ups - rest 10 seconds.
Such exercises are useful in combination with exercises for varicose veins of the small pelvis, which often develop during the second and subsequent pregnancy, with a strong load on the pelvis.
Set of exercises for the pelvic organs
Physical therapy exercises help strengthen the walls of blood vessels, improve blood flow. It will be helpful if you do the following exercises:
- Cycling - in a prone position imitating foot cycling;
- Scissors - crisscross between the legs;
- Semi-squats - not lower than the knee;
- Butt compression is a Kegel exercise, intended for expectant mothers for painless childbirth.
After exercising varicose veins, self-massage of legs and thighs is very helpful to stabilize blood flow, remove harmful factors at the cellular level, relieve fatigue.
It helps if you do ankle-to-knee strokes, rubbing your shins in a circular motion. You can use a cream or moisturizer of natural origin or anti-varicose veins, bought at the pharmacy.
At the end of the exercise, it is recommended to perform a swallow movement - straighten your back, stand up straight, your arms relaxed and lower along the body. When inhaling, arms up, when exhaling, swallow.
During exercise treatment, you need to drink a small amount of liquid, just moisten your lips with water so as not to cause puffiness. Protein nutrition is very useful, especially in the morning, before going to bed - cereals, fruit smoothies.
Bubnovsky about varicose veins
This technique does not provide for drug treatment. The doctor assures that by regularly performing simple exercises, you can improve the mobility of joints, improve the elasticity of muscle tissues.
Exercise is performed in any position:
- Sit in a chair - tiptoe with both feet up, straighten the limbs forward and perform circular movements of the feet, common toe-to-heel rolls and vice versa.
- Lie in bed - lie on your stomach, bend your knees, hit your butt with your heels, then alternately raise your legs, holding until you feel slight fatigue.
- Lie on the floor - bike, pull, take turns lifting the leg up and shaking the foot vigorously.
- Stand - stand on tiptoes and drop sharply with heels, spread arms to sides. Do a light squat.
Dr. Bubnovsky recommends dividing the set of exercises into three parts - in the morning, at noon and in the evening, do it regularly, as an additional way that you can use elements of yoga. The lotus pose improves blood circulation and helps remove orange peels.
It is best to replace running with vigorous walking, swimming in the pool. Exercises for varicose veins of the lower extremities according to the Bubnovsky method are for all patients, regardless of the stage of varicose veins and the age of the patient.
When having varicose veins, gentle walking, cycling for about 10-20 minutes a day, taking a shower with contrast, swimming pool exercises are very helpful, helping to get rid of puffiness and reduce the general condition of the veins. patient.
Should stop the habit of raising your legs in a sitting position that disrupts blood circulation. It is also advisable to limit wearing high heels, reducing the load on weak blood vessels and capillaries.
In the evening, take a bath for tired feet, add a decoction of medicinal plants (chamomile, sage, eucalyptus), citrus essential oils, and cypress. When resting, you need to hold the position so that the heels are higher than the buttocks.
In addition to exercise and medication treatment, it is important to monitor your diet, eat slowly, in small portions, and do not overeat, especially before bedtime. It is important to avoid serious jumps in body weight.
Everyday shoes are important for the prevention of varicose veins, they must be of high quality, size and comfort. In the early stages of varicose veins, you should pay attention to compression stockings, choosing their size on the advice of a phlebologist.
Exercises for legs with varicose veins can not be done at home:
- Jumping rope (intense load on the veins, an exercise that can cause blood clots to break up);
- Exercises with a single load (warmbells, barbells, etc. );
- Prolonged exercise on a stationary bike (venous overload, dysfunction of blood circulation);
- Power generation (vascular tone);
- Exercise-induced muscle relaxation (varicose veins, damaged capillaries).
- High-intensity running, speed running, long distance (load on foot)
For patients with varicose veins, electrical loads are excluded. A great alternative is swimming or step aerobics. The gym will operate after complete removal of the disease, as suggested by the phlebologist.
Exercises to treat varicose veins of the lower extremities - how to improve the condition of the veins by performing simple exercises
Varicose veins are a fairly common disease that significantly reduces the quality of life of people. It is very difficult to fully recover from this disease, but in order for the treatment to go smoothly, you should perform special exercises.
Varicose veins are called stable dilation and elongation of the veins, accompanied by a thinning of their walls and the formation of so-called nodes. The reason for this phenomenon lies in the serious pathology of the venous walls and their valve insufficiency.
This disease is quite common, and it is more common in women. Usually, varicose veins begin at working age - around thirty to forty years of age.
The main risk factor for developing this disease is an inactive lifestyle.
The benefits of therapeutic exercises for varicose veins can hardly be overestimated. Specialty gymnastics allows you to:
- improves venous and lymphatic flow;
- increased physical endurance;
- normalizes arterial inflow;
- increased tone of the veins;
- improve peripheral circulation.
If you neglect the exercises to treat varicose veins of the legs will cause blood to pool in the affected vessels, in addition, the pressure will increase.
In turn, this leads to fluid retention in the ankles, feet, and legs, making the pain often worse.
Characteristics of physical activity
Especially the exercises for varicose veins of the legs are very useful for those who move less in daily life.
Walking is the simplest exercise and people with this condition must walk every day. It is also fully bikeable. Swimming is also very helpful.
Not everyone knows that not all physical activity is helpful for varicose veins. Which sport is good for varicose veins, and which is bad? Surgical removal of the vein is often the only solution. We will tell you which type of surgical intervention to choose in a particular case.
There is also a special gymnastics for varicose veins of the legs. To perform these exercises as effectively as possible, the following rules must be followed:
- people with sedentary work should warm up for 5 minutes at least once an hour;
- it is important to monitor your posture, do not cross your legs;
- it is recommended to charge 15-30 minutes per day;
- Throughout the day, you need to do several repetitions.
A set of exercises
Vein experts recommend doing special exercises against varicose veins in the morning and evening, about 15-30 minutes, and can not be exhausted because each person has physical limitations. private.
Continuous exercise for five minutes is enough, and a break should be taken. If you feel tired, it is better to postpone the training session.
The main exercises for all kinds of diseases
These exercises are suitable for varicose veins of the lower and upper extremities, varicose veins of the small pelvis and other diseases:
- Lie on your back, bend your legs, pulling toward your chest. Then, straighten your back, hold for a few seconds, and then lower. Do the same exercise for the other leg.
- Lie down, bend your legs and lift up. Straighten them, hold them for a second, bend them again and return to the original position.
- Lie down, raise your legs, and do circular movements with your feet, which should work outwards and inwards. You can then flex and unbend your toes and feet.
- Sit in a chair, resting your heels on the floor. Move your toes in different directions. Do it 15-20 times.
- Lie on your stomach, hands on hips. Take turns raising each leg as high as you can. At the highest point, linger for a few seconds, and then return to the location. Do 8-10 repetitions.
- Exercise "swallow". Stand up straight, lowering your arms along your body. Inhale, raise your arms up and then tiptoe. As you exhale, take the swallowing position. Repeat the exercise 15-20 times.
- Roll from heel to toe, transferring body weight into it. Do 15-20 reps.
- For 15 minutes, walk on heels, toes, lifting hips high.
Exercises for the legs
Exercises to treat varicose veins of the lower extremities include the following exercises:
- Reduce the veins of the legs. You need to lie down, close your eyes and relax as much as you can, while breathing deeply and evenly. Several pillows should be placed under your feet - this will allow to raise them to 15-20 degrees.
- Lie down, bending your legs, while placing your feet on the floor. Place your hands on your hips. Inhale gradually, raising the head and body. The right hand slides to your knee. After a slow exhalation, return to the starting position.
- Lie down, cross your arms along your body, raise your legs 15-20 degrees, and place a small pillow in the middle. Inhale slowly, arching the lower back, and the buttocks should be ripped off the floor. Exhale slowly, returning to the starting position.
- Lie down, place your hands along your body. Bend your legs and slowly exhale, drawing your belly in. As you inhale, inflate your belly.
- Place your feet together, placing your arms along your body. Inhale deeply, slowly raise your toes, exhale back to the starting position.
Regularly performing special exercises for the lower extremities will reduce the manifestations of venous insufficiency, suspend the development of the disease and reduce the risk of dangerous complications.
To reduce the manifestations of varicose veins of the upper extremities, you should perform simple exercises:
- Lie on your back with a pillow under your neck. Raise your arms and legs perpendicular to your body, pulling your feet toward you. Breathe evenly and deeply. Then, vibrate with your hands and feet for 3 minutes.
- Cross your arms behind your head. Rotate your body slowly in both directions. Do 20 repetitions.
- Stretch your arms forward, clasp your hands. Open the palm of your hand, and extend your fingers at the same time. Do 20 repetitions.
- Squeeze your left wrist with your right palm. Raise your left hand as high as you can, and at the same time must support your right hand. Repeat 20 times. Then, bring your hands up, stay in this position for 20 seconds. Repeat the exercise for the other hand.
- Raise your arms above your head, make a tight fist, and don't make a fist. Perform 80 times. Put your hands down and do the same.
Set of exercises for the pelvic organs
If the varicose veins have touched the pelvic organs, you should do the following exercises:
- Exercise "bike". You should lie on your back and bend your legs to mimic cycling. In this case, the back and lower back should be pressed to the floor.
- Exercise "pull". Lie on your back, straighten your arms along your body. Perform vertical and horizontal back and forth movements.
- Exercise "birch". Lie on your back, lean on your shoulder blades, raise your legs and hold them until tired. If you want, you can complicate this exercise a bit by adding a knee flexion and extension.
- Half squat. Stand up straight, spread your legs 30-40 cm, slowly sit down, do not lower your knees. Literally for a second, you should linger in this position, and then slowly return. Do 10-15 repetitions.
- Sit on the floor, put your hands behind and on the floor, straighten your legs. Bend your right leg at the knee, placing your foot near the left knee. Raise and lower your left leg. Do 10-15 repetitions.
To treat varicose veins as effectively as possible, you can do other exercises during the day:
- Stand up straight, keep your feet straight. Stand on tiptoes and slowly lower yourself down. Do 20-30 repetitions. Separate the socks, put the heels together and do 20-30 lifts. The same procedure should be done with spread heels and flat toes.
- You need to walk in place, not take your socks off the floor.
- Place your feet together, straighten your arms along your body. Breathe slowly, draw your shoulders back. As you exhale, you need to relax and tilt your head forward.
- The starting position is the same. Take a breath, raise your arms and stand on tiptoes. Then, on an exhalation, return to the starting position.
- Squeezing the buttocks is very effective. This exercise can be done anywhere on the body.
Exercises to prevent varicose veins
To prevent the development of varicose veins, it is also necessary to perform special exercises:
- Lie down, straighten your arms along your body, and place your legs straight on the chair. Bend the left and right foot alternately. Do 5 reps for each leg.
- Lie down, straighten your arms along your body. Raise your legs and spread them in different directions. In this case, you should pull back the socks and rotate the ankle joint to the right and left. Do it 5-7 times.
- In the same position, bend your legs and perform rotations at the knee joint. Do 5-8 times right and left.
- Lean on the shoulder blades and raise the legs as in the "birch" exercise. Spread your legs wide to the sides. Change the position of the legs in the swing. Do 4-7 repetitions.
- Jump on your tiptoes 10-15 times, tiptoe and after a few seconds repeat the movement.
But this does not mean that all sports for people with varicose veins are prohibited. For example, swimming is very useful, all exercises can be done while sitting or lying down.
You can also do yoga or Pilates.
The benefit of massage for varicose veins is to stimulate blood circulation in the affected areas.
It is recommended that this procedure be performed by an experienced technician.
If you decide to do this yourself, you need to remember that the touch should be as gentle and gentle as possible. Do not touch the veins that protrude more than others - this can only aggravate the problem.
The diet for people with varicose veins includes proper nutrition.
The diet should contain foods that have a beneficial effect on the condition of the blood and blood vessels. Make sure to eat foods rich in vitamin C.
In addition, seafood must definitely be present in the diet, as they prevent the dilation of the walls of blood vessels.
No less useful are plant fibers, which ensure the normal functioning of the intestines, which are very important for varicose veins.
We lower our heels to the floor, slightly extend our legs and relax. We started tapping our heels on the floor. You need to feel how your whole body vibrates. To do this, you need to relax a lot so that the vibrations reach your head. Feel your skin vibrate.
Gently shake off each leg and lower yourself to the floor. We lie on our backs and stretch our arms and legs up. We begin to actively coward with our limbs.
- Exercise 'Shaking'
- Let's imagine that we are shaking off the drops of water from our brush and our feet.
- We breathe naturally through our belly.
These exercises help create additional vibrations that cause the capillaries to contract and push the blood more actively. In addition, these actions improve the flow of all fluids in the body. The movements are simple and effective.
- Start with 1 minute and gradually increase the time.
- After "shaking", place your bent feet on the floor, place your palms on your stomach and relax.
- Breathing exercises
Feel the movement of your abdomen as you breathe. When we inhale, the abdomen rises, when we exhale, we lower the abdominal wall. After the relaxing breathing exercise, we move to a sitting position.
We complete the complex with a gentle foot massage. We start with the feet, where you need to massage each toe, the arch of the foot, as well as the heel.
- Foot massage
- Then, with light strokes, move up from the feet.
We try to do this massage for 2 to 5 minutes. We iron the shin, behind the thigh.
- Thigh massage
- Having just moved one limb, we proceed to massage the other leg.
Performing such exercises to cure varicose veins of the legs, you can preserve your youth, health and beauty. The main thing is to do this not from time to time, but often. And don't forget to refer to other home remedies for varicose veins.
Contraindications to physiotherapy exercises
- With this disease, in no case should you overload your feet.
- It is not recommended to participate in professional sports that require static exercises or severe strength loads.
- Can't lift weights.
- With varicose veins, you should only do gentle exercises that do not cause excessive stress.
Varicose veins is a rather unpleasant disease that occurs quite often. To reduce its manifestations, you should perform special exercises.
However, it is very important that the exercises are moderate and regular.
Exercises for the treatment of varicose veins - the correct technique of execution, the choice of complexity depending on the complexity and neglect of the disease.