Treatment the leg veins to the men and women are not different from each other, however, the frequency of postoperative recurrence in women over the connection to the additional effect of hormones (estrogen effect).
Venous disease of the leg should be treated in the doctor-phlebologist, who participates in the pathology. The various treatments for varicose veins are not radical, as it aims not addressing the main pathogenetic cause is the fact that the valve apparatus veins. Surgical and conservative treatment delay the progression of the disease in a long line. The percentage of relapse is high ranging from 10 to 50% 5 years after surgery.
Treatment of varicose veins to be complete. Three group methods of eliminating varicose veins:
Each treatment has its advantages and disadvantages, that a certain frequency of recurrence. The choice of method is arbitrary, considering how to achieve the most favorable outcome often combine all three methods.
The typical symptoms of varicose veins in women
Common symptoms characteristic of women
The symptoms of varicose veins begins with the event that such functional disorders as a feeling of heaviness in the legs, swelling of the ankles, to the end of the day. The skin of the leg first developed spider veins.
The main symptoms of the disease – Association varicose saphenous veins, within a few years may be displayed.
If untreated at this stage cause symptoms such as cramps in the calf muscles, itchy skin on the feet.
Signs of venous disorders: pigmentation of skin in the lower third of the legs, cyanosis, and sclerotic changes of the subcutaneous tissue, eczema, trophic ulcer is formed.
The typical symptoms of varicose veins in women
- The painful symptoms appear cyclical, worse before menstruation, whereas the changes in levels of sex hormones;
- the pregnancy got symptoms of varicose veins after childbirth gone;
- in the second half of the menstrual cycle, because the action of progesterone, the diameter of the varicose veins increases, so the symptoms of swelling, heavy legs, the legs, more pronounced;
- the symptoms of varicose veins are worse during the hormone treatment.
Now let's talk about the methods of therapy.
The best treatment methods
Radio frequency ablation, laser photocoagulation
Radio frequency ablation of veins
The method is based on the introduction of the ultrasound under the supervision of a special, disposable catheter into the lumen of the dilated veins.
The catheter is equipped with a special electrode, the work, which under the action of radio-frequency radiation heats up to 120 degrees. Progress of the catheter into the veins leads to binding to the vessel wall. Off the affected vein, of the circulatory system in the legs.
Venous laser photocoagulation
Surgical technique consists of puncture of the affected blood vessels in the introduction of the lumen under ultrasound guidance a laser fiber. Under the action of laser radiation is generated, the coagulation proteins of the vessel wall, which is Vienna subside, and then after a while, ingrown connective tissue.
Radio frequency ablation, and venous laser ablation is a relatively new method of treatment of the varicose veins on your legs. Despite the differences, the technique, the common features.
The advantages and disadvantages of the radio-frequency ablation, laser vein ablation
- Does not require hospital treatment;
- Speed of construction (30 minutes to 1 hour);
- Pain free;
- Local anesthesia;
- The lack of postoperative scar (the women desired cosmetic effect);
- Short-term rehabilitation.
- High price;
- The frequency of recurrence of 10%;
- The inability of the procedure some anatomical peculiarities of the veins (severe tortuosity of vessels).
Radio frequency ablation, and venous laser ablation choice for women who want to treat varicose veins in an outpatient setting with minimal restrictions on physical activity in the postoperative period, preserving the aesthetic appearance of the leg.
The lumen of the affected segment of the vein injected a special drug, which have a special effect on the vessel wall. Sclerosing agent can be used in liquid form or in the form of foam. Preferred foam varicose veins due to greater area of contact with the material of the wall of the vein.
The advantages and disadvantages of the Fleboskleroterapija:
- The lack of post-operative scar;
- Done on an outpatient basis;
- The operation is performed without anesthesia;
- Manipulation is practically painless (slight stinging of the injection site);
- Possible long-term pigmentation of the skin at the injection site (2 years);
- In rare cases, after the operation, inflammation of a vein (phlebitis);
- The swelling, the redness, the tissues within 2 days after the procedure;
- Allergic reactions, hypersensitivity to the drug;
- 20% spider veins of the legs (telangiectasia);
- The frequency of occurrence of 50%.
Recurrence of varicose veins after sclerotherapy depends on the lumen of the vessel concerned: the greater the distance, the greater the risk of recanalization. Select this therapy for the treatment of recurrent varicose veins after surgical phlebectomy.
The surgery is a more radical way to eliminate the varicose veins. Principles of surgical treatment of eliminating the abnormal flow of blood in the deep superficial veins of the legs and removal of the veins themselves. Stages of combined phlebectomy:
- Crossing, ligation of the mouth of the big vein saphenous (incision in the groin) or small vein saphenous (incision in the popliteal fossa);
- Remove the stems of varicose veins. With the help of a special metal probe which draws the vein into the skin incision.
- The ability to take certain actions in the event of, at any stage of the disease.
- Hospital 5 to 7 days;
- The scar in the legs;
- Spinal anesthesia or general;
- Damage to the surrounding tissue, pull out the vein;
- Possible complications: bleeding, injury, infection;
- The recurrence rate is 20%.
To be surgically treated, preferably a certain type of lesion occurs when the varicose deformity of the great or small saphenous veins, to a significant extent. When there are signs of eating disorders, soft tissue, and the symptoms of decompensation of the venous insufficiency.
Miniflebjektomija – a separate option is surgery, which is able to treat varicose veins on the legs in the initial stage. Often used in the presence of a single varicose lumps on the shins. Perform the skin puncture of the pathological education, as well as the hook in the sky and crossed in Vienna. The operation does not require general anesthesia, and dermal suturing.
Begin to treat the varicose disease of the legs is required, the medication or compression therapy. The purpose of the preparation improves the blood circulation, wearing medical compression stockings – the main conditions, which determine the result of the surgery, the veins in the legs.
These drugs are the medications to stop the symptoms of venous insufficiency, used as a preoperative preparation, postoperative rehabilitation.
Treated with special preparations varicose veins on your legs, takes a long time continuous mode or in repeat courses.
Elastic compression leg – a leading method of treatment in cases where surgery is contraindicated. As the compression means, to elastic bandage or special medical hosiery: tights, socks, stockings. Medical products feature great strength, for a long time retains the original compression level, comfortable to wear, which is very important for women.
There are 4 classes of elastic knit, depending on the degree of the compression. It is recommended to treat the varicose veins with the use of the goods class 2 in the absence of disease progression, up to 6 months continuous use during exercise or during prolonged stay on their feet. If there are signs of damage to the valves in the deep veins, or severe symptoms, the damaged lymph circulation, there should be field of class 3 to stop the progression of the varicose veins.
Therapeutic effect of compression stockings:
- the decline in the veins, resulting in less discharge of blood, the varicose vessels;
- increased intake of tissue fluid to the bloodstream, so the puffiness, signs of symptoms of heavy legs disappear;
- improved flowing of the blood, which prevents blood clots.