Varicose veins affect typically the lower limbs, may develop years, even decades. Varicose veins (varicose veins) in the legs all the dysfunction of the venous valves and the blood flow. Proper blood flow is characterized by the movement of the blood through the veins of the legs, from the bottom up (reverse gravity). A lot of this process is possible due to venous valves, which prevent backflow of blood. Dysfunction of these valves leads to impaired venous blood flow, and as a result, the elongation of the veins. In my veins the blood begins to flow in a chaotic manner, often zastaivayas, the veins in the legs. Since this is the background of significant pressure on the vessel wall is not, who's going to be thinner. Thus, the dilated veins visible to the naked eye, under the skin in the form of nodes. Often, as it slows the blood flow to the varicose veins is thrombosis. The infringement, the processes in the nutrition of the skin leading to the appearance of venous ulcers.
The causes of varicose veins on my feet a lot:
- Genetic predisposition (hereditary disease, predisposing factors – congenital weakness of the venous wall and valvular apparatus, the loss of flexibility).
- Violation of the circulation, in the background, the constipation, the tight shoe wearing, Smoking, lack of physical activity.
- Hormonal medications (birth control composition tablets a high dose of estrogen leads to thickening of the blood).
- The increased pressure in the venous type, provocaverunt obesity, pregnancy, sedentary lifestyle (sedentary work), the constant vertical load (workers, throughout the day stay on your feet).
- The hormonal changes of old age.
These reasons also lead to the incorrect abnormal blood flow in the veins of the lower limbs – reflux of or backflow of the blood from the deep veins to the superficial veins. All these contribute to the worsening condition in the future.
The symptoms of varicose veins in the legs
- extension of saphenous veins;
- burning sensation or heat in the veins of the lower limbs;
- a feeling of heaviness in feet and legs;
- swelling of the soft tissues of the lower limbs at night (the area of the foot, ankle, leg);
- night cramps in the calf muscles;
- dark, exercise, the skin on the leg;
- pain along the veins;
- trophic ulcers.
Every patient's symptoms of varicose veins may be different, but one element remains constant – the feeling of heaviness in the legs, which is also called the "syndrome of heavy legs". Most often symptomatic complex is the most pronounced in the evening during extreme heat.
If the disease is started, the skin on the legs became cyanotic hue, the patient in this phase, no treatment given, not rarely observed skin hyperpigmentation, lipodermatosclerosis, a more severe case, you may develop herpes.
The danger is not the varicose veins and developing, in the background of this complication, thrombophlebitis (inflammation of the inner vein wall) which is the formation of blood clots. The blood clots often block the lumen of the vein (phlebothrombosis), and break and enter into the lungs. As a result, the serious complications of varicose veins among patients with lethal outcome.
Diagnosis of varicose veins in the legs
When discovering for themselves the above symptoms are a part of them or have to urgently go to the doctor phlebologist or vascular surgeon. The timeliness of disease detection depends on the nature of the treatment, to prevent complications.
The diagnosis of varicose veins is prescribed in the following tests.
- An ultrasound or venous duplex imaging – evaluation of obviousness, extensio veins, direction of blood flow and detect blood clots in the veins.
- Contrast venography – assessment of conditions, determination of the presence of tumors, thrombi by way of reconstruction, a precise "snapshot" of the veins of the patient, the x-ray. In general, this method is replaced by ultrasound, since the latter is considered to be more simple to implement.
If you need to, contact your doctor immediately.
If any of the following symptoms a visit to the doctor immediately:
- In the event of acute pain in the lower limbs movement. While the legs look swollen, very tight skin, as the burning.
- A feeling of weakness accompanied by shortness of breath, the feeling of lack of oxygen.
- The patient's blood vessels began to leak blood.
Treatment of varicose veins, the legs,
Conservative treatment of varicose veins.
Non-surgical treatment applied to the initial stage of development of the disease, if there are no complications. Conservative methods include receiving specific drug treatment (angioprotectors, anticoagulants, venotoniki, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in the form of tablets, ointments, gels), which will help the pain, and prevent complications.
It's very important in the treatment of varicose veins, the restoration of the sound, the blood vessels. The practice is possible with the help of special tools. It means that the domestic producers did not contain a paint, a film, shell, preservative, therefore, the active substance is diosmin absorbed faster, minimizes the likelihood of manifestations of allergic reactions.
Non-surgical treatment of varicose veins are also wear compression underwear after a special diet, regular physical activity (a complex of therapeutic exercises).
These measures reduce the venous insufficiency, to prevent thrombosis formation. Then the doctor, in addition to the above measures, treatment of varicose veins candidate who, of course, manual, or hardware, lymphatic drainage, treatments to improve the outflow of blood from the lower limbs, reducing swelling. The effect of the procedure is not permanent.
Treatment of varicose veins of the leeches.
Leech therapy is a fairly effective method of dealing with varicose veins. Once inside the patient's vein, the saliva of the leeches, thanks to the content of hirudin (natural heparin), promote the liquefactionibus the blood, prevent the formation of blood clots. Today, based on hirudin medicines are created, "the connection leech" can be avoided.
Bezoperatsionnye modern methods of treatment of varicose veins on your legs.
Sclerotherapy is the most effective non-surgical treatment of varicose veins. During the procedure, the lumen of the vessel of the patient, the doctor injects a special drug that causes agglutination of the walls in the future (1.5 years), the absorption. The usual treatment for stages of spider veins contains from 3 to 6 treatments on each leg. The result will be noticeable after 2 to 8 weeks, during which time there may be pain, nausea, mild tingling, which gradually over. The injected drug is in each case selected individually, so the risk of complications is minimal. During the treatment the patient wear compression stockings.
The effectiveness of sclerotherapy in the treatment varicose veins can be compared to the classic surgery, it gives only the most modern techniques - endovenous laser coagulation, whereas the appearance of the "foam form" (foam) sclerotherapy, and the procedure under ultrasound or translyuministsentnoy lamp. This significantly reduced the number of side effects.
Sclerotherapy can be carried out using ultrasound scanner, then the process is called echo sclerotherapy. Additional scanner application allows the physician to control the movement of the needle in Vienna, the distribution of the drug.
If the drug is administered the altered vein in the form of a microphone, the procedure is called foam-form sclerotherapy. The closer contact microphone the venous walls, the method has a high efficiency. Displaces the blood in the vessel, microphone I promotes faster knitting, and blocking functions.
endo or endovenous laser coagulation.
One of the modern, minimally invasive treatments for varicose veins on your legs. The effects of laser light on the damaged vein under local anesthesia. The results are visible after a month after the procedure. The method is very costly.
Medical treatment of varicose veins in the legs compliment of folk medicine, which not only improves the tone and elasticity of venous walls, but also prevent further progression of the disease. Recipes of traditional medicine used on a regular basis can help you cure highly advanced cases of the disease (skin ulcers, thrombosis).
Before the treatment it is important to identify the cause of the disease, consult your doctor, don't pull, don't wait for complications (skin ulcers, thrombosis), you need to start the treatment as soon as possible, while the thickness of the veins on the surface did not exceed 5 mm, and the nodes not more than 7 mm. During the therapeutic course, it is recommended to dress, shoes that won't hinder your movement, leaving heavy physical activity, as well as the habit to throw the leg over the other.
Modern methods of operational (surgical) treatment of varicose veins in the legs
In the absence of the desired result as a consequence of conservative treatment of varicose veins require surgical intervention. The surgery is a radical method of treatment of the disease, during which the removal of changed veins. Today this happens under tumescent anesthesia (local anesthesia is a mixture of natural anesthetics). The advantage of the method is that the patient leaves the clinic, two hours after surgery, no postoperative hematomas, better tolerated, no intoxication, both during operations under general anesthesia.
Phlebectomy – through special flat removes the modified disease veins to normalize blood flow in the deep veins. Operation in some cases is preferable to sclerotherapy. Among the advantages that there is a rapid recovery of the patient, small scars, in addition, the effect is sustained over the years.
Short Strip – removal of only the changed area of the vein, two small incisions. Pre-determine the location, length of affected vein. This method of soft tissue, the patient is not suffering, there is a rapid recovery, no pain after the surgery.
Endoscopic vein dissection of this method a doctor, a small size of the concerned Vienna is presented in the endoscope, which allows to obtain information about the internal condition of varicose veins when the affected area, as well as the precision control over the operations, the cut-off stage, into the vein, to minimize the damage.
Prevention of varicose veins in the legs
- The restriction to use the sauna, taking a hot bath, spending time in the sun (this leads to a decrease in venous tone blood stasis).
- More physical activity (moderate Jogging, swimming, Hiking, aerobics, Cycling, skiing).
- To control the crowd.
- The rejection of the narrow, tight clothes, narrow, tight shoes.
- Get rid of the habit to sit "foot feet".
- Avoid constipation (eat, drink system).
- Evenly distribute the load on the legs (do not sit or stand too long in one position).
- Contrast shower, cold water or cold feet.
- Wearing compression underwear vulnerable people (pregnant women with a hereditary predisposition, the workers, who have sedentary work, or whose work is associated with serious physical exertion or the need to be on your feet all day).
During the treatment of varicose veins, any exercise, only with the purpose of the prevention.
Diet varicose veins
- Limit salty, spicy, smoked food.
- The abstinence of alcohol.
- The restriction of meat products.
- Enrichment of the diet, fresh fruits and vegetables, food that promotes the strengthening of the artery walls (carrots, olive oil, nuts, rosehip, green tea, sprouted wheat, beans, green onions).
- Daily intake of apple cider vinegar (a Cup of water, 2 tsp.).
When detecting the first signs of varicose veins immediately contact a specialist. The people included in the risk group (those who have predisposing factors), and genetic predisposition to varicose veins is recommended every two years to visit phlebologist is the mandatory ultrasound.