varicose veins veins in the legs – not only a cosmetic problem, a concern people have about attractiveness, but also a dangerous disease requiring appropriate treatment, compliance with preventive measures.
Causes of varicose veins are quite a lot: the sedentary lifestyle, physical overload, which is the hormonal insufficiency, congenital weakness of the vascular wall, pregnancy. What happens during the varicose veins? The varicose expansion of veins of the lower limbs, lose their normal elasticity and the pressure of the blood stage.
The valves in the veins in the normal state set by the lock, and when the blood passes through them, they close, and then give the opportunity to the back flow of blood. If there was a failure, the valves, the blood can be freely shipped down, which leads to the stagnation of the blood.
In this regard, the veins can not cope with the pressure, become dilated, the valves are no longer able to block the big distance - it provokes the formation in the initial stage of varicose veins.
The causes of varicose veins
Why are varicose veins, what is this? The main risk factors for developing the disease is considered a genetic predisposition, and gender. Love high calcibus, hormonal changes, pregnancy, oral contraceptives, the women victims, varicose veins twice as often as men.
The development of the disease contribute to:
- Heredity. Among the heritage is not in itself a disease, but a genetically determined structure of the veins: weak connective tissue, venous wall, congenital defective valves in veins. That's why varicose veins can occur in young, healthy, active (regardless of gender) people, but even the children. According to the scientists, the genetic predisposition is the main factor leading to varicose expansion of veins of feet.
- Hormonal changes. Because of the peculiarities of the body, the women, the periods of hormonal errors cause of the stagnation of the blood. For them, the most dangerous periods – puberty, pregnancy, the time after the birth. Dangerous time, when a woman reaches the menopause. This sexual category in the patients appealed to the doctors 2-3 times more often. The women's bodies not enough of the hormones called estrogen. Instead, what prevails is the so-called hormone of the yellow body. It is believed that he is a muscle-relaxant effect. This contributes to the varicose veins.
- Sedentary, sedentary lifestyleor job that requires long standing, contributes to the development of varicose veins.
- Age. Over time, the valves and the walls of the veins thin, this leads to the disruption of the work.
- Obesity. The excess weight causes increased load on the leg veins.
Secondary varicose veins occurs when the leg injuries, heart defects, liver or spleen. In this case, the first receiving the adequate treatment of the primary disease.
The stage of varicose veins
It is possible to allocate 3 stages of the progression of symptoms, the development of varicose veins.
- The compensation stage. There are no complaints. On examination, there are varicose veins one or two legs.
- Stage of sub-compensation. When viewed in the visible legs, pronounced varicose veins. The patient complains of fullness feeling, paresthesia ("tingling") in the legs, night cramps. Mild swelling of the feet, ankles, shins night. In the morning the swelling is gone.
- Stage of decompensation. Join the listed signs, dermatitis, eczema. Patients worried about itching. The skin is dry, bright, tightly bound subcutaneous fat. Little bleeding and subsequent deposition of hemosiderin, because of hyper-pigmentation.
The varicose veins are not considered a very serious disease, but if it's already formed his own release, and even more, the development is that all kinds of complications, which are the most dangerous.
Signs of varicose veins
The first signs indicating the onset of varicose veins:
- tiredness the legs;
- swelling of the lower limbs;
- a feeling of heaviness in the legs.
Later on, it is possible to note: the spider veins appearance of the skin, protruding veins, as well as different insulation, stagnation show the vessels.
The symptoms of varicose veins in the legs
The different stages of varicose veins, the veins the symptoms can range from almost asymptomatic, small vascular "stars" severe, painful symptoms.
Suspect that the development of the initial stage can be a symptoms:
- the pain in the legs, warmth, and sometimes burning sensation through the veins of the legs;
- heaviness in the legs;
- there is swelling in the legs;
- at night, the spasm of the legs;
- dilated veins;
- calf skin in dark-colored, gaskets, possible wounds.
That was the primary symptoms, you should immediately proceed to the treatment of varicose veins – symptoms, themselves will not disappear.
To diagnose varicose veins of the lower limbs, and to plan the treatment, the specialist will recommend the patient through a comprehensive examination, which includes a variety of methods.
- Duplex scanning (ultrasound of the veins), the conference method for the diagnosis of varicose veins of the legs, which allows you to get an idea of the extent of varicose veins, direction of blood flow in the veins of the obvious, to detect the presence of a blood clot (thrombus).
- Contrast venography, which is a survey method, which allows to detect the enlarged veins, the extent of the permeability of the blood.
To diagnose deep venous varicose veins may be that only qualified doctor.
Complicated, of course, varicose veins accompanied by the formation of thrombosis, vein inflammation, trophic ulcers, skin diseases. These complications are manifested in the discoloration of the skin of the feet, rubos, dimos village, venetian of the skin.
Also characterized by persistent swelling of the ankle, especially severe when walking or standing. The calf pain when walking, pain, and twisted veins, induration of the skin, the formation on ulcers of different sizes.
If you have a tendency to this disease, the following guidelines will help to slow the progression:
- Wear comfortable shoes without heels or low heels.
- A lot of it may be a bandage to the leg or wear a medical knitted things, but only after consulting a doctor.
- Don't stand or sit in one place too long – move, workout, changing your body position.
- Don't take a hot bath, especially in the morning – it is better to replace a hot shower, a final cold shower.
- Quit Smoking, which worsens the condition of blood vessels.
Primary prevention of moderate physical activity: swimming, walking, Cycling, charging.
Pregnancy significantly increases the varicose veins in the veins of the lower limbs, this is facilitated by the following reasons:
- Hormone circulating in the blood during pregnancy, increases the distensibility of the venous wall and contributes to stagnation of the venous blood in the legs.
- Increased intra-abdominal pressure in late pregnancy hinders the blood flow in the veins of the leg.
- varicose veins in the veins that occur during pregnancy may pass the after birth, or further development, depending on the individual factors (heredity, the presence of other factors).
Treatment of varicose veins in the leg veins
If varicose veins on the legs treatment may not be medically justified if the symptoms are not problematic.
However, some people may want treatment for varicose veins for cosmetic reasons, because dissatisfied with the appearance.
Let us examine basic methods that will help you to get rid of this problem.
- Sclerotherapy. This method of treatment can be used both alone and in combination with conservative treatments. It's in the vein of a fine needle or syringe, to introduce, signantes the drug, after this the Vienna disappears completely. Meetings are held once a week, take 3 to 6 sessions. The method allows to avoid the scars.
- Non-surgical treatment. If varicose veins in the initial stages, if you don't cause too much inconvenience, it is recommended elastic compression stockings. Wear them all day to day activities. They help to compress the veins from stretching and limits any discomfort or pain.
- Medication to relieve the symptoms of varicose veins, reduces swelling, pain, slow down the process, but you can't stop the disease completely recover the damaged blood vessels.
- The laser treatment of varicose veins of the legs can be used on the surface of the skin. A little flash of laser light into the vein wall develops in the process, or sclerosing of varicose veins disappear, as if it was removed.
Significant role in the treatment, prevention game is a physical activity — brisk walking, gymnastics, swimming, exercises in water (except for sports practices, high load foot tennis, weight lifting, jumping).
The action of these drugs is designed to increasing the tone of the smooth muscles of the vessel walls, thereby preserving its elasticity, normalizes the blood circulation in the affected areas.
A lot of venotonics drugs, complex action. The effect is achieved, if the use is not only in Vienna, but the blood vessels in the body.
How to treat varicose veins in the veins folk remedy
There are many methods of treatment of varicose veins of the legs folk medicine, both outdoor and indoor use. The following are the most common:
- The flowers of the horse chestnut (50 g) required to fill the 500 grams of alcohol, and let stand 14 days, each day shaking the bottle. Pass the infusion through the mesh to eat a spoonful of water three times daily, before meals. So you need to be treated for a week, then a break for two weeks. Then the treatments begin again.
- The infusion of dried nettle used for varicose veins. Dry powdered leaves of the plant is poured into the thermos bottle 1/2 liter of boiling water, to insist 30-40 minutes, strain, take 1/3 Cup 3 times daily 1 hour after meals.
- Pack tomatoes. Chopped tomatoes, lie the bandage, gauze, apply to the affected area. For convenience, you can tie the elastic or other bandage. Keep this compress the vein for 2 hours, then changed, a new, so a total of 3 times. The convenience of this package, that can be repeated every day.
- Tincture of oil of walnuts immature walnuts crushed, pour into a glass bowl, pour olive oil, 40 days to insist in a Sunny location. Ready tincture to lubricate sore spots. During the treatment, as long as the kalanchoe.
In addition to the folk medicine, many patients with varicose veins complementary therapy with special exercises to feel a significant improvement opportunity to practice Mikuli.