Varicose veins – a widespread disease, which is widening the lumen of blood vessels, dysfunction of the valve apparatus, and in the event the reverse current of blood. The pathologic process may be localized in different places, so the types of diseases some:
- dilatation of the esophagus;
- the veins in the rectum (hemorrhoids);
- the veins of the pelvis;
- blood vessels of the spermatic cord (varicocele);
- the veins of the lower limbs.
The most common is varicose veins on your legs. According to some estimates they may affect more than 30% of the population, most of the women. Varicose veins on your legs, not only is it ugly, protruding veins, but also a lot of discomfort, inconvenience. The pathological process is accompanied by heaviness, pain, edema, often lead to dangerous complications: thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, trophic ulcers. Many people want to know how to get rid of varicose veins forever, since it significantly affects the quality of life. But, unfortunately, this phenomenon is irreversible, the only thing that can be achieved to stop or slow the progression of the disease.
Causes of varicose veins are not yet determined, that's for sure. It is clear that the disease is associated with thinning, weakness, and loss of elasticity of the vessel wall and incompetent valves. The result, the veins unequally dilated, elongated, with long, knotted. It is believed to play an important role in the disease incidence of the genetic predisposition, the birth of weak veins, faulty valves.
There are several factors that contribute to varicose veins, though not the reason:
- Heredity (according to the experts, the risk of disease in people whose parents suffer from up to 70%).
- Belonging to the female sex. This is due to the hormonal changes, puberty, pregnancy, menopause, use of hormonal contraceptives and the wearing of shoes with high heels.
- Work is a relevant activity for a longer stay on your feet or in a sitting position (hairdressers, sellers, surgeons, waiters, drivers, accountant, programmer, etc.).
- In old age, in which the weakening of the ship, the walls, the wear and tear of the valve device – a natural phenomenon.
- The surgery.
- The sedentary lifestyle.
- Increased intra-abdominal pressure due to obesity, pregnancy, heavy lifting (workers, athletes-weightlifters), it is common to reduce chronic constipation, cough.
Varicose veins is a chronic process that begins gradually and progresses. Completely cure the disease, that's impossible, but slow the progress or reduce the symptoms possible if a holistic treatment, which includes:
- the lifestyle change;
- compression therapy;
- drugs (for internal intake as well as the local objective);
- thermal procedures;
- folk methods.
Deal with varicose veins for a lifetime. The medicine should not be dealt with. To be tested by a phlebologist or a vascular surgeon, who diagnosis to determine the stage of the disease, and the severity of the lesion, prescribe the appropriate treatment. The main task– to remove or reduce the clinical symptoms, to stop the progression, relapse prevention, and complications.
The effectiveness of the treatment depends on the patient's and the doctor's recommendations. It is important to seek help at an early stage, when there is no pain, but appeared in the night, swelling, heavy legs, leg fatigue, small spider veins on the skin.Correction lifestyle
Without lifestyle changes, it is impossible to effectively fight varicose veins. The rules you need to follow a completely trivial, the failure is usually due to a lack of willpower, or irresponsible attitude to one's health.
- Maintaining a normal body weight.
- Farewell to the bad habits: alcohol and Smoking.
- The rejection, exposure to the sun, a visit to the steam room, saunas, taking hot baths (including foot).
- The rejection of the high-heeled shoes (not more than 4-5 cm).
- Wearing the special elastic knit.
- Providing physical activity. This could be walking, swimming, therapeutic physical training, sports. The most important thing is to eliminate sit-ups, weight lifting, running long distances, jumping, martial arts.
- With the proper nutrition. The diet more fresh vegetables, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seafood. The amount of meat recommended to reduce. You must have the smoked, fried, salty, greasy. The drinks are preferred to the green tea, pure water, fruit drinks, natural, fresh fruit juices, and limit your coffee.
- Use every opportunity throughout the day in order to raise your legs to an angle of about 20 degrees.
- To purchase a special pillow at the feet during sleep were above the level of the heart.
- Try as often as possible rinse feet with cold water.
Special elastic knit available on the market today a large range. It's the socks, stockings, tights, different color density, which do not differ from the normal. They have become a good alternative to inconvenient to use and looks ugly elastic bandage.
A special Jersey can not treat varicose veins, but improving the microcirculation, reduces the load on the veins, prevents blood stagnation, reduces the diameter of blood vessels, increase the outflow of venous blood and lymph. A person feels lightness in the legs, in the evening, the less tired, no edema is present.
For the first time, without the habit of wearing compression stockings is difficult. To simplify the task, you can buy a special tool.
Four-class medical knitwear, depending on the pressure exerted. I only wear jewelry 1 class compression can be considered preventive are intended for healthy people. Others must be prescribed by a doctor depending on the diagnosis of severe varicose veins. You should know that the compression devices is contraindicated can be to certain diseases. Stockings or tights add to the doctor is strictly according to the size, or the desired effect.Medication
Treat varicose veins the pills and the external resources in the form of gels, creams, ointments, to the different measures. Increase the cardiovascular tone, improves microcirculation, facilitates blood flow to to prevent the changes, the the skin. Drugs designed to eliminate the fatigue, headache, malaise, swelling, itching, cramping, pain in the legs. These are appointed strictly individually.
The main means for the treatment of varicose veins, the venotonics. These are made on the basis of horse chestnut, rutin, grape leaves, almost always well tolerated by the patients. Produced in the form of tablets, capsules, gels.
You have to daily put your foot on the dilated veins gel or cream and RUB lightly.
Reduce blood viscosity, reduce the likelihood of thrombophlebitis used anticoagulants. This ointment is based on heparin cooling additives in the form of menthol, camphor, eucalyptus. In addition to thin the blood, inhibit the development of thrombophlebitis.
Skin lesions, cause itching, may require antihistamines. Inflammatory prescribe non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug.The surgery
Get rid of the varicose veins performed surgery to remove the affected part of the vessel not to discharge the blood in the superficial veins deep. The operation is called phlebectomy. The classic form, today it is less about emergence of new, less painful way of dealing with varicose veins. This treatment generally indicates that the bigger the diameter of blood vessels in severe cases of the disease.
A more elegant method microflebectomy which a section of vein removed parts not the incision through the stab.Thermal methods
Radio frequency ablation is considered the safest, least traumatic method of treatment of varicose veins, although there are some contraindications. The method involves thermal effects, the microwave oven, with the result that the venous lumen is closed. Key benefits:
- out-patient treatment;
- it is not necessary anesthesia, and the incision;
- recovery does not take much time;
- the procedure is easily tolerated;
- you can do this summer;
- bruising after the treatment, no swelling, minor pain.
Radio frequency ablation – minimal invasive method of treating varicose veins.
The laser coagulation is another treatment method for varicose veins. During the procedure, the vessel wall is exposed to the laser. Radiation leads to the binding, the walls of the veins and the complete closure of the lumen. Outpatient under local anesthesia without incisions. The lumen of the vein, insert the catheter through which the led and pump radiation. Procedure without injuries, complications are rare.Sclerotherapy
This non-surgical method is one of the most common. Used small blood vessels as part of a comprehensive treatment with surgery. The essence lies in the fact that with the help of a thin needle into the vein injected a special drug sclerosing action. The result is adhesion of the walls of the vessel, closure, and termination of, the flow of blood. Impressed with Vienna becomes a fibrous cord. The main advantage of the method:
- out-patient treatment;
- low invasive;
- the simplicity of execution;
- duration – approximately 20 minutes;
- good cosmetic effect.
If you run the disease, can develop complications such as deep vein thrombosis.The traditional methods
Tincture of nuts, a glass bowl, pour the crushed unripe walnut, then pour in olive oil. Put in the sun for 40 days. How to apply the right tool, smearing the affected area. The treatment last for four months.Cabbage leaves
To repel the cabbage leaf on one side and apply a layer of olive oil to this page, to the sore area, wrap and then leave for a day. Continue treatment for one month.Horse chestnut
This is one of the most effective folk remedy. Treat varicose veins prepare infusion of the fruit plants that you need to grind, fill half a glass bowl (litre), and pour the vodka. To remove a dark place for a month, stir occasionally. When you are done, RUB the sore spots of the night. Alcohol tincture of sweet chestnut for outdoor or indoor use varicose veins can get in the pharmacy.
Therapeutic exercise is an integral part of a comprehensive treatment of varicose veins.Exercises
The appearance of varicose veins, the question may arise of whether to participate in the physical activity, sport or any physical activity is good. Most doctors agree that the physical activity of this disease is very important, because the veins useful, harmful dynamics, statics. But it is equally important to consult with your doctor about what sport can do, what the load is optimal. In fact, the patient is shown to be a special physiotherapy, which is directly performed in a medical facility. At home you can perform simple but effective exercises that regular exercises will help to reduce the symptoms of varicose veins.
- Lie on your back, under the leg, a pillow, so climb angle of 20 degrees. Close your eyes, relax, take a deep breath.
- In the supine position raise legs vertically and to rotate the leg turns inwards, outwards.
- Lie on your back, the leg movement is like riding a bike.
- Lying on back, lift legs to cross (scissors).
- Stand up straight, hands and feet together. Slowly rising to his toes, then slowly down.
- Walk through the place, socks from the floor do not interrupt.
- Sitting on a chair bend your legs at the ankle joints, and, similarly, bending of the fingers.
- The douche foot flexible water (alternately cool and warm).
Varicose veins is an irreversible process, but treatment is necessary, especially because modern methods are applied in the complex, very much. Without treatment, the risk of complications, such as chronic venous insufficiency, phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, ulcers, and even such a dangerous condition which can cause death as pulmonary embolism.