The most common form of the disease of varicose veins of the lower extremities, but sometimes it can affect other organs, particularly the penis.
Description development mechanisms
The veins in the penis are of great importance to its functioning directly involved in the process of erection, it is necessary that the blood outflow of the internal tissue.
Man's penis the body, which is equipped with a large number, the veins and arteries – this is the reason why, when aroused, they tend to protrude beyond the surface of the skin.
This is normal, but the healthy men, the veins and the vessels with a diameter of 2-4 mm, light-blue tint.
If the appearance, color, or density of the veins in any way changed, this could be the first sign of the development of various diseases, including varicose veins, of the penis.
The mechanism of the development, the same as in the case of varicose veins of the lower limbs – veins, blood vessels to deform and stretch, which can lead to unpleasant consequences.
Causes and risk factors
The main reason for the disease:
- injuries to the groin area, as well as the body, especially the head;
- the presence of tumors in the groin, venous thrombophlebitis of the lower extremities, or other diseases which impair the blood circulation and the condition of the blood vessels, blood vessels;
- common delay urination, which are long-term compression have a negative impact on the blood vessels of the penis;
- genetic predisposition (in some men the veins of the penis, weak walls, which can lead to the formation of the seal, aquapresso, tissue damage);
- surgical intervention, which was carried out in the region of the penis, the scrotum, testes – varicose veins can be a complication of such operations;
- promiscuity leading to inflammation, and infectious diseases.
- the excessive self-love: if such an activity becomes a habit, this can lead to the stagnation of the blood in the pelvic organs;
- the use of the sexual techniques that delay ejaculation.
In the early stages of the disease, the men don't usually feel any symptoms of the penis appears small bone, slightly protruding veins, which many patients for the tendon.
The development of the disease from the sun, the body begin to deform. Subsequently, there may be bleeding and the appearance of the hardened areas under the skin, usually localized in the head.
The danger and complications
Special danger to the health of the patient, but even the sexual life of varicose veins of the penis can not keep, but the fact that the development should be vigilant. She talks about the diseases of the blood circulation in the body, especially the groin area, which can lead to venous even infertility.
In addition, changing the appearance of the penis can lead to serious psychological problems among representatives of the stronger.
The first symptom of the disease is a violation of the aesthetics of the bodyis characterized by the appearance of nodules, tubercles, the number of which increases.
The other sign of the varicose veins of the penis, or:
- the pain, discomfort, tingling, penis during erection first, and then in other situations (e.g., during exercise);
- burning, abrasion of the skin during intercourse due to vaginal dryness in women;
- strong swelling of the veins of the penis: during erection become dense, clearly defined, or under the skin, and its appearance is similar to the thickness of the tendon;
- swelling of the affected area;
- change the color of the skin of the penis is a pinkish purple, and red, the colors of the veins themselves: they acquire a bluish tint;
- petechial hemorrhages and small blood clots, which is well palpated under the skin.
When you consult a doctor?
Sexually transmitted diseases and any pathology associated with erectile function serious psychological trauma, the men, and many people try to solve the problem yourself, or don't listen to her.
This may be a serious error, therefore any change to the veins of the penis and discomfort in this area the patient should immediately consult to the doctor-phlebologist. In addition, in this case, you may need to consult a urologist, dermatologist, surgeon.
Diagnosis of dilatation of the penis is not a problem for the professionals. Diagnosis is based on the following algorithm:
- medical history, listening to the complaints of the patient;
- visual inspection of the problem areas (sometimes for the sake of completeness men artificially cause erections);
- Ultrasound, which gives the opportunity to assess the blood flow in the affected areas;
- the venography is the injection of contrast is performed in those cases where there is a risk that the varicose veins affected veins internal.
If there is a suspicion that the disease is caused by infectious diseases, or inflammation, the patient research is needed: the blood, urine, ejaculate, etc.
Differential diagnosis of the disease is carried out to eliminate the Peyronie's disease who have similar symptoms.
Special methods of treatment of this pathology does not exist, in addition, the drugs used in the treatment of varicose veins, thrombophlebitis of the lower limbs, in this case, it is not recommended.
In the initial stages of the disease can be get rid of with the help of folk remedies (for example, gels, ointments made of vegetable basis). Full of veins usually treated with heparin ointment, but if the procedure does not affect within 3 days, then it is better if you seek the help of a professional who will perform the puncture, then remove the excess blood.
In those cases, when the disease progresses, the patient is assigned to conservative therapy, which includes sexual abstinence, and medication , especially nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and local anti. To reduce the pain, or the narcotic analgesics.
Sometimes the treatment of disease applied hirudotherapy, ie treatment with leeches, but this method is controversial refers to the alternative methods.
The presence of the appropriate signals (often repeated, or failed conservative treatment) patients can be performed procedure called phlebectomy, which involves the excision, ligation of the affected vein.
It refers to the light surgical procedures, and performed genital surgery. The recovery period is approximately two weeks – after that period, the men return to normal sexual life.
Prevention of varicose veins, the penis, like any other similar disease, the behaviour of the regular (but not excessive) sexuality reliable partners normal sex not related to the risk factors of varicose veins, but on the contrary, strengthens blood vessels, improves blood circulation.
When entering into relationships with strange women to use contraceptives, and personal protective equipment. Sexual practice should be treated with caution – especially where the use of gel certificate extension, the sexual contact.
To prevent the varicose veins, the penis, men are advised to wear appropriate underwear, it's not too hot bath, don't sit crossed legs is an easy sport.
In addition, the disease says that the human blood flow, which can lead to more serious diseases, so the patient should consult a doctor to undergo, and the need for research.