Varicose veins symptoms can be found in every fourth inhabitant of the planet is not just a cosmetic defect, which manifests itself in the form of a blue tree network, the leg, thigh or the back legs, heavy legs, pain in the case of static loads, or long periods of walking, convulsing, the muscles of the legs, but also a high risk of thrombosis in Vena cava inferior system.
Thrombotic complications lead to trophic ulcers of the feet, in acute diseases, the blood flow to the blueness of the limbs, the risk of necrosis. Tore the vessel wall, blood clots in the legs often begins a journey that ends in the heart (leading to heart attack) or the brain blood vessels (causing a stroke). It is a fact, not a spoiled view of the once beautiful legs require the earliest attention to the treatment (preferably: prevention) of varicose veins.
Because of the disease, is not static, but gradually evolve to capture new segments of the external or internal venous network of the foot, then the analysis of the treatment at the beginning of a description of the prevention. Reasonable preventive measures are at least somewhat slow down the process, developed on the background of inherited insolvency valvular veins of the lower limbs.
Prevention of varicose veins
The veins of the lower limbs very weak, the wall is almost devoid of muscular elements to push blood reduction. Therefore, the veins have special valves that prevent backflow of blood and the stagnation in the veins. Some of these valves are hereditary insolvent, or so the age:
- the severe physical exertion
- increase the intra-abdominal pressure
- common pregnancy.
First, the process affects the external veins. Then admire the collector of the vein and the deep venous network. Varicose veins of the limbs develops more (and sometimes more) years, the speed varies according to lifestyle-intensity physical activity, the strength of the blood vessels.
- The first goal of prevention is to minimize the increased intra-abdominal pressure (to combat constipation, to avoid excessive overload).
- The second task is to create the conditions for the passive outflow of venous blood from the leg. Make sure that at the end of the day, or several times a day. To this end, the legs each other, the legs, the hips, on the surface at an angle of 45 degrees to the horizontal. Lie in this position must be at least a half hour. Persons with varicose veins in the legs is an excellent doctor in fact recommended to sleep with raised legs, as often as possible.
- If the varicose veins is recommended not to use tight shoes, socks, tight, elastic, not create further obstacles in the blood circulation in the legs.
- This is a must have, don't sit in the leg, the foot, prolonged sitting position, put your feet well supported, give them a horizontal (or slightly higher) position. In such a situation, you can sometimes see in gangster movies the king mob that is sitting on a chair, his feet on the table.
- Of course, in the office, if You are the owner of the company, who need to find something a little less challenging. You can, for example, to the Table under a cardboard box, put feet on, or use for this purpose tall plastic paper basket, the flat roof. If you have any questions about in an unusual way, at your desk, you need to honestly answer in order to avoid the sarcasm, not that bizarre. Don't forget, not applied to active participation in the treatment. Therefore, it is necessary to see the opinions of others, don't neglect the prevention of disease.
- If you are at home, try to be in a horizontal position, affixed with the aid of several pillows, his legs over his head. It is necessary to improve conditions of the venous outflow.
The program of the surgical treatment includes diet, compression, and drug therapy.
Dietary event is mandatory, since the weight of the risk factors of developing varicose veins. Food must be compensated (the energy consumed must not exceed energy should be related to the nature of the load, or the lack of it). In addition, the menu also have to eliminate the pungent spices, peppers, pickles, excess salt, smoked meats, and reduce the consumption of the roast. The alcohol is also not recommended to use.
The menu must contain the proper amount of vegetables, fruits rich in vitamin C -food, rich in fiber, whole wheat bread, seafood. It has been shown that frequent (at least 4 times a day) relative strength. As the fashion, a few years ago, the tendency to limit yourself, any animal fats, forget. Of course, it's priceless figure of triglycerides, cholesterol this is not the case. But the reasonable amount of cholesterol helps to get the patch to the vessel wall, reducing the risk of secondary thrombotic complications, and sudden ruptures of the veins.
* No Smoking
Smoking is the most harmful habit of the varicose veins. If the choice is between drinking a moderate amount of alcohol, the Smoking, the first barely stand it. But the second – categorically excluded. Not only the resin to clog the blood vessels, increasing the risks of thrombosis and secondary complications (heart attack, stroke, pulmonary embolism). Need to be especially careful, for those who have varicose veins (or tendency) that the hormones and all the success in the smoke.
Compression garments (stockings, socks, tights)
This is a good opportunity for the prevention and treatment of early stage of varicose veins, as the different parameters to the pressure on the soft tissues, variations, models, colors. Panties to wear is required in the morning, before bed, while the venous system is not full of blood. This method is, but priceless price category on the territory of the Russian Federation restricts the acquisition of the knit against varicose veins broad masses of the people. As a general rule, the use of linen does not begin with the people who can still help us on the stage, before the disease, and the severe form of varicose veins, often complicated, each process, which is shown operative treatment, compression stockings, than secondary prevention.
Varicose veins treatment
The meds are not a panacea. To completely stop or cure varicose veins, they don't.
The creams, gels
This means that it is possible to protect the walls of the veins, stimulates the venous outflow and improves microcirculation. These funds reduce the pain intensity, edema, provided that the course admission. Can be seen courses twice a year duration of at least 2 months.
The most useless (but safe) can be read, ointments or gels. Creams do not penetrate beyond the skin always worthwhile effect on the blood vessels can not provide. They are recommended in the early stages of the disease, when the unknown why can't be subjected to the swelling, heavy legs, your legs: your drugs, or simple postural drainage, and at the end of the exercise.
This therapy involves the administration of drugs, or elastic bandaging. The simplicity, preservation of the aesthetic appearance of the limbs, has no effect on the general health of the patient are attracted to this technique, both the doctors and the patients.
But sclerotherapy is not isolated to lasting results, not able to stop the progression of the disease. In most cases, you still must be combined with the surgery. The therapy should be performed prior to ultrasound examination of the lower extremities, precluding extensive destruction of the skin or deep veins in the legs.
Contraindications to this technique: Allergy medication, atherosclerosis of the great vessels, presence of ischemia, diabetic angiopathy, exterminate endarteritis, changes in the coagulation system, acute or recent thrombosis of the legs, pregnancy.
- Before the surgery - sclerotherapy of veins may be used before surgery to reduce the risks of bleeding, thrombosis, in the postoperative period
- during the operation, replacement vein removal
- after the surgery to close the remaining veins.
The method puncture
If it is not applied in the operating room is performed in a dedicated surgical room, with all the rules of asepsis. First, close to the larger veins, then smaller ones. The medication is usually prescribed from the top down. Punctured a vein of the patient, before the introduction of the drug stack. If the field interests goes a long boat or ship the entire circumference of the leg, then a few therapy sessions. After sclerosing treatment, the patient should be observed phlebologist three years after the last injection.
- The injection is carried out after elastic bandaging of the limb, which is repeated for 2 weeks. The first week the bandage is not removed.
- Within half an hour after the procedure, the patient should walk.
- The patient needs to sleep with a raised foot end, and during the day to avoid prolonged sitting or standing, lots of walking.
Varicose veins surgery
The decision about the surgical procedure, a doctor or a vascular surgeon.
Often women with a lesion of the superficial veins, and decided to the surgery only because it is a cosmetic error, I suggest you postpone the surgery, if the plan of child-bearing potential (as in pregnancy, the varicose veins are, as a general rule, progresses, and the results may disappear, it is necessary to repeat surgical treatment).
The most common operational solution to the problem of varicose veins of the lower limbs combined phlebectomy. The operation is performed under general anesthesia or epidural anesthesia. The cuts, punctures, try to like the smaller size. For example, to remove a large vein in the saphenous, the incision is performed in the groin area. Through the vein injected with the probe tip. Then the probe is removed, was sent to Vienna in the middle part of the Shin to the groin. Through shallow channels and remove the channels in the small blood vessels. After the surgery, use compression (bandage or stocking to the leg).
This includes the removal of the subcutaneous blood vessels by exposing them to current. The method is more dangerous than the radio frequency ablation, or classic surgery.
Cryosurgery allows you to remove the veins due to low temperatures. Modern equipment, safe method. It is not always possible to calculate the depth of the frost does not harm the surrounding tissues, or leaves the "surplus".
Home treatment of varicose veins
Varicose veins can be treated at home, although systemic drugs (prescription), bars, ointments, gels, although the leeches (the treatment of varicose veins of the leeches) , cabbage leaves, apple cider vinegar. Also in the home part is suitable for the compression garment or elastic bandaging (selected and recommended by a physician). Late stages of the disease, any efforts are futile without radical surgery.
So, today, the radical method to get rid of varicose veins can be considered only surgical methods, often in combination therapy or compression techniques.