Varicose veins (varices) is a chronic disease, which is knobbly varicose veins of the violation of the outflow of the blood and the stagnation of the venous system.
The first varicose veins are not causing discomfort, I just a because the cosmetic errors: the appearance of translucent through the skin, knotted veins, bluish-brown shade.
Symptoms of varicose veins
You need to go to phlebologist, if you think that at least one of the following symptoms of varicose veins:
- translucent through the skin tortuous veins of the leg;
- a feeling of heaviness in the legs, fatigue;
- irregular brownish pigmentation of the skin, hands, feet;
- recurrent pain in the legs;
- swelling of the feet, which usually appear after prolonged standing or sitting, the drooping legs;
- sporadic spasms of the muscles of the lower limbs;
- in the later stages of the disease, ulceration of the skin, or the joints.
Noticed the first signs of vein disease, don't hesitate and immediately consult a specialist-a phlebologist. The latest diagnostic equipment to get rid of varicose veins, which allows experienced doctors to identify the disease at an early stage and prevent complications.
The main reason for the appearance of varicose veins
Varicose veins often leads to:
- congenital weakness of the venous wall, which can take the development of varicose veins, as well as inherited;
- gender – women suffer from varicose veins on your legs twice as often as men. According to one theory, this is due to the high-heeled shoes;
- long stay on his feet. Varicose veins often affect people whose profession is related to the work of the leg: the sellers, teachers, hairdressers, and others;
- age – varicose veins often develop after the age of 45;
- lack of exercise, work, long stay standing or a sedentary lifestyle;
- overly intensive physical activity;
- obesity, overweight.
Stage of varicose veins
1. phase – phase compensation. Manifestations of venous insufficiency is not. Worried about the discomfort, fatigue in the legs.
2. phase – phase subcompensation. There is pain, veins begin to bulge under the skin in the form of nodes.
3. phase – the phase of the decompensation. Characterized by marked disturbance of outflow of blood from the lower limbs, development of, eating disorders, the skin, possible formation of nonhealing venous ulcers.
The clinic treatment of varicose veins, you need to apply when symptoms first stage – it's easier, faster to get rid of the disease and prevent the development of complications.
Complications of varicose veins
Lipodermatosclerosis \ white atrophy of the skin
Lipodermatosclerosis is a fibroid degeneration of the skin, subcutaneous fat. Tissues lose their elasticity and mobility. An extreme form of lipodermatosclerosis white atrophy of the skin.
Venous eczema / dermatitis
Eczema occurs in the later stages of varicose veins, inflammation, redness of the skin of the foot. The progression of the varicose deterioration in the nutrition of the skin, which, finally, the appearance of trophic ulcers.
Acute venous thrombosis
On this basis, the complications of varicose veins – the formation of a blood clot (thrombus) in the deep veins of the legs, which is the blood flow to the heart or the lungs. The condition requires immediate medical attention!
Thrombophlebitis – inflammation of a vein wall with thrombus formation, closing lumen of the vessel. In most cases, thrombosis is the result of the "run" form the varicose veins.
This long-term healing of a skin defect developing on the background of venous congestion requiring a comprehensive treatment.
Bleeding of the varicose veins
The bleeding most often occurs because of the trophic venous ulcers, however, it may be that the varicose veins. First aid for bleeding varicose veins: it is necessary to provide a bandage directly to the site of bleeding, raise the legs above the horizontal level and require hospital treatment.
Prevention of varicose veins
In order to never deal with the varicose veins need to:
- avoid prolonged standing or sitting; leave the habit of sitting for long periods of time in the position of the legs;
- to prevent the emergence of excess;
- regularly participate in physical activity (fitness, swimming, etc.);
- choose comfortable shoes, try not to heel shoes to wear all day.
The treatment of varicose veins
Today, the removal of the varicose veins in the legs occur most often without traumatic interventions, like 10-15 years ago. Recovery takes a minimum time.