Compression underwear is one of the most effective ways to prevent the appearance of varicose veins, to suspend the development. It may not solve the underlying disease, however, is quite able to cope with manifestations, reduces the patient's quality of life. Today's compression hosiery is an integral addition to the treatment of varicose veins, significantly enhance its effectiveness. The linen has a lot of advantages, it increasingly popular among patients with the diagnosis "varicose veins".
The essence of the action of the compression underwear, that creates certain areas of the foot desired pressure. Promotes proper weight distribution, the result is normal blood flow towards the heart. The veins located in the lower part of the leg, more effort is required to push the blood up that this area has the largest pressure in the compression underwear. And, for example, the thigh, the canvas is defined, only about 40% of the pressure, since the load on these vessels, it is minimal.
Special underwear literally pushes blood by squeezing the veins, not allowing it to stagnate in the vessels. As a result, when wearing the stockings (golf or stockings) significantly reduced the uncomfortable, painful symptoms of varicose veins: the legs are not as tired, swollen, and they felt itching and burning.
Compression stockings should be used for the following reasons:
- these stockings contribute to the normalization of blood flow, dissipate blood the patient's vein in a healthy;
- this lingerie stimulates your blood circulation, thereby improving nutrition of tissues;
- if the size of lingerie chosen correctly, it is an effective prevention of thrombosis;
- bedding looks very aesthetic, can be worn anywhere, to work, to walk, to the gym;
- Compression stockings – one of the most simple, convenient, safe means that against varicose veins, which practically there are no contraindications.
Contraindications for wearing compression underwear is very small, but still exists. This includes the following member states:
- endarteritis, atherosclerosis, aortoarteritis, as well as some other chronic disease, which is a reduction of the arteries, as well as a significant decrease of blood pressure;
- eczema, allergic rashes, open wounds, inflammatory processes on the skin;
- septic phlebitis, heart-lung failure severe form;
- increased sensitivity of the skin.
The use of compression underwear: isn't that dangerous?
There is a perception that wearing compression undergarments, however, a serious problem, as the decomposition of the muscular layer of the venous walls. And then, after discontinuing the use of medical stockings, artery walls simply can't withstand the pressure that only leads to the progression of the varicose veins. Refutes these concerns, phlebologists, presented the following facts:
- the patient's stockings varicose day and night;
- the blood flow is exposed to artificially created pressure vessels does not stop, but only decreases;
- usually atrophy of the muscle layer occurs due to the genetic predisposition, the presence of inflammatory processes, compression, lingerie, on the contrary, prevent it.
What did you do compression stockings?
Compression tights made of cotton, nylon fibers, lycra, microfiber. It's the canvas not the seam, breathable, and gives a pleasant feeling to the skin. It's hypoallergenic, it looks exactly the same as the normal tights or stockings. Medicinal properties of knitwear thanks to the management of the latest computer technologies. The efficiency of the compression underwear terms according to the rules, the maintenance, storage, stored, or six months. You will need to replace.
The type of compression stockings
Compression underwear curative-preventive. There are even the so-called hospital bed linen, operated only in stationary conditions. As the name suggests, medical knitwear useful when the disease has manifested itself, in the slightest degree. But, as a preventive measure lingerie compression, it is recommended that people in the risk groups: pregnant women, the genetically predisposed to the occurrence of varicose veins, individuals suffering from obesity that representatives of "continuous" and "sitting" profession.
As the type of compression underwear, now the pharmaceutical market is sufficient for every taste, any you need to:
- stocking one of the most popular among women view lingerie, small-scale, the feet don't slide in the operation;
- Golf is an available option for men;
- elastic bandage – not a very convenient option for the compression, which, however, due to the favourable price, do not lose relevance, despite the fact that the huge choice is much more efficient, aesthetic, therapeutic knit.
As a general rule, the products for women (tights, pantyhose) is decorated with patterns. But the men's underwear is often produced clear, making it undetectable to the leg.
Classification of medical compression underwear
If the preceding knitwear available for purchase in most pharmacies, at any time, purchase medical requires a doctor's prescription. It is recommended that you store only specific pharmacies and salons. The intensity of the pressure produced by compression hosiery is divided into the following classes:
- Class 1 – is characterized by the compression under 23 mm Hg. article recommended patients, the first signs of varicose veins: blue-red spider veins in the skin, which near the surface of the skin veins, the feeling of extreme fatigue, heavy legs.
- Class 2 – creating a pressure not greater than 33 mm, the mercury. article is indicated for the treatment of varicose veins of medium severity, thrombophlebitis.
- 3. class – provided that the compression does not exceed 45 mm of mercury. in the article, this is the canvas used for the treatment of quite severe venous insufficiency accompanied by trophic disorders.
- Class 4 compression is approximately 50 mm, of mercury. art. above, such a bound is suitable for the treatment of severe diseases of the lymph flow to remove caused by these abnormalities, and edema.
Proposals to give the choice of a particular class compression underwear only certified phlebologist, based on the situation of the particular patient. To explain the wearing of medical stockings, and also explain to you the basic rules for the storage and care.
How to choose a compression garment?
Obviously, first and foremost, consult with your doctor about, it can be seen that using the therapeutic class of the Jersey. You decide the appearance tights, socks, stockings, tights. Here everything is determined by individual preferences. Finally, it is important to choose the correct size – otherwise the effect from wearing the special Jersey will be minimal (or no).
Now, as the prices. In general, the price differences visible to the naked eye the pharmaceutical market, thanks to the abundance of the different manufacturers. Well-known brand or a smaller supplier? In any case, the pharmacy shelves will have only the products accurately calculate the compression. But what products may be different, thus the design duration of socks.
To protect yourself from buying counterfeits, you need to buy reliable pharmacies, a reliable business-merchants. Everyone knows that the European quality standards are very high. This applies compressive underwear. If the package is marked "ral-gz 387", it is possible to not doubt, – before the goods are of the best quality, because the manufacturer had to go through the certification process, in Switzerland or in Germany.
Medical wear, knitwear
Dressing treatment of knitwear – it's not as simple as it seems. It is especially difficult to cope with the canvas classes 3, 4. The fact that these tights can be worn exactly the same as the traditional products– to collect the "accordion" to pull up. A special difficulty procedure, because a person with a big belly.
So, the dress, the process is as follows:
- the upper hose, or stockings, "accordion";
- inside the device is inserted into the palm of your hand, gently stretch out the legs;
- gradually expanding the product, it is necessary to pull on the tibia;
- if we are talking about the tights, the hips are stretched, prone position (i.e., when approaching the area of the waistband to lift the hip).
When dressing treatment Jersey the following necessary conditions:
- wear compression underwear for the best in the morning when the foot is not tired, swollen;
- nails should be cut carefully processed;
- it is not desirable the presence of calluses, roughness of the skin of the feet – all this can easily damage the delicate fabric.
Since the compression bandage of linen is not an easy task, to facilitate the patient are created, a special tool which makes the process simple. To cope with the knitwear 3-4 hours without them is almost impossible.
More recommendations wear underwear
The night compression garment, right down to the feet, get some rest, "breathe". However, if someone accidentally fell asleep tights or play golf, don't hurt him, I won't do it.
Wearing compression underwear doesn't have to the end of the summer. High temperatures provoke the development of varicose veins, so the heat of the amended Vienna is particularly in need of support. You can change the class of linen, with a "light" – select class 1 or prevention stockings.
Sometimes, "varicose" vein above the gum product is a legitimate question: does it make sense to use, in this case, expensive clothes. I mean, of course, is because the vein to give indirect positive effect due to the normalization of the blood flow in the smaller vessels. However, it is worth to try to choose tights or stockings, or the correct size.
Care, medical stockings
Compression stockings – a thing that is required is a careful attitude. Therefore, those who appear on it, you must know the basic rules of care for these stockings, golfs, stockings
- wash treatment Jersey need every day, because the smallest dirt particles, dust, harmful to the delicate fibers, they can withdraw the product from the healing properties;
- wash such items can only manually, when the water temperature is approximately 40 degrees;
- in any case, you don't unscrew or screw in the compression clothing is allowed only a little "wet" a towel;
- dry compression clothes should be laid out on a horizontal surface, away from the batteries to direct sunlight; don't hang them vertically in a conventional dryer;
- usual rinse, and air conditioning equipment may cause serious damage to the structure of medical knitwear, to deprive him thereby of the therapeutic properties, so when washing, it is acceptable to use baby soap or special tools is a delicate tissues;
- best to have something for compression stockings, couple, you don't need every day a lot of time, washing, drying delicate items;
- care must be taken, and silicone-striped stockings – all contact with water loses its fixing properties, so it is best to clean with an alcohol pad when washing carefully protected from getting wet.
It should be noted that if prevention underwear can be purchased on your own, then find a doctor. The initiative in this matter threatens not just the physical discomfort, waste of money, but also serious health problems. But if you use compression correctly, I'm sure, to make your life easier on the patient, and will be an effective addition to the treatment of varicose veins.