Varicose leg veins is a violation of blood flow from the tissues due to vascular stenosis and venous valve dysfunction. Stagnation of blood in the vessels leads to a nutritional change, the formation of blood clots, deep sores. The fight against varicose leg veins takes place under the supervision of a vein surgeon, in part vascular surgeons (venom specialists).
Several groups of drugs are used in the form of ointments, tablets for oral administration. The use of the drug is strict within the system, as the chances of successful cure of venous problems are higher. When using only ointments or tablets exclusively, the effect is not complete.
What ointment or gel should be used to treat varicose veins in the legs and restore blood flow?
Main ways to treat blood diseases
Varicose leg therapy is very complex, aiming to solve a number of problems:
- Eliminates the inflammatory process. The release of special mediators leads to an inflammatory process in the tissues. As a result, vision in the lower extremities increases, pain, discomfort, and aggravation.
- Removes puffiness. The outflow of venous-lymphatic vessels in the vessels is disturbed, the fluid accumulates at a local level.
- Restores adequate blood flow in legs. It is achieved by stimulating full contraction of blood vessels, activating the work of venous valves.
- Reduces pain syndrome, severity with varicose leg veins, discomfort of other types.
- Normalizes rheological properties of blood. Restores the full fluidity of fluid connective tissue. Do not over-thin the blood.
The use of ointments and creams helps achieve results on a local level. Local violations removed. However, selectivity does not allow us to counteract the root cause of this condition. This treatment is not complete. Finally, therapy is reduced to restore functional functioning of the lower extremities and prevent complications.
Group of ointments and gels for varicose legs
The selection of pharmaceuticals is made on the basis of the above guidelines.
Eliminates the inflammatory process
It is performed using two groups of drugs: nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, as well as steroid drugs of general effect.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (or NSAIDs) are mainly used.
There is no fundamental difference between them. This is an ointment that fights the inflammatory component of varicose leg veins with a narrow range of action. Apply 1-3 times a day, depending on the severity of the process, with circular, slight movements. More use is unacceptable for therapeutic purposes, since the active ingredients will begin to be absorbed into the bloodstream through large vessels.
Also, do not use ointments based on anti-inflammatory agents when there are nutritional sores. Open wounds do not allow the use of ointments against varicose leg veins. After epithelization (healing), you can use them.
The effects of NSAIDs are based on their ability to reduce the sensitivity of the receptors to the effects of inflammatory mediators. Pain, discomfort, and aggravation are eliminated.
Steroids are used as a last resort. Only if the NSAID is ineffective. The inflammation, pain ceases, local tissue nutrition improves. It is not used in large quantities, due to its potential to cause side effects of a general nature.
Corticosteroids are used to treat edema. Complex agents with anti-inflammatory, antitoxic and curative effects are also prescribed.
Restores normal blood flow in varicose legs
Ointments and gels with a phlebotonic (venotonic) effect are shown. The action of such drugs is based on its ability to stimulate contraction of the vessel walls, the work of the venous valves.
Some agents are stronger than others, due to the greater concentration of the active ingredient. It is better to trust the doctor in the matter of choice, he will choose an ointment based on a state of "neglect".
Application course. Don't expect a quick result, it will be achieved in a few weeks. The manufacturers themselves also point to the complex need for use, along with pills for pills. The duration of a course of treatment is 25-30 days, then take a break and start a new course. The frequency is not limited, it is determined by the severity of the general condition. The warm-up process requires an almost continuous use of varicose leg varicose ointments.
Eliminate pain syndrome
The discomfort, the pain is eliminated with the help of topical pain relievers. These are complex measures to fight pain and inflammation. There are very few types of pain relievers in the form of ointments or creams in the pharmaceutical market alone.
The scope of application of these ointments, gels, and creams is very wide and is not limited to varicose veins of the legs. They are applied according to the instructions, up to 3 times a day for 7-12 days, after which it is necessary to rest. The appointment of pain relievers alone is not practical. They suppress symptoms, fight consequences when the cause is not affected.
Normalization of rheological properties of blood
Assume that venotonic drugs are indicated, as well as blood thinners. However, these funds are used with caution, as it can increase the permeability of blood vessels, the development of their fragility and, as a result, local bleeding, hematoma, exacerbationvaricose leg veins.
Complex ointment for varicose veins
These drugs have a systemic effect. They solve several problems at the same time. In the case of early treatment of varicose leg varicose veins, this is especially convenient: there is no need to buy dozens of ointments, apply them hourly. The most suitable medicine will be selected by a specialist.
Basic principles of therapy
How to apply ointments and gels for varicose leg properly to achieve maximum effect in a short time?
- Do not prescribe treatment yourself. It is necessary to take into account the volume of shades. If you have varicose veins in your legs, you should contact your vein surgeon, surgeon or surgeon.
- Follow your doctor's instructions and advice exactly. When the prescribed dosage is insufficient, the therapeutic effect will not occur. The excess of the ointment will lead to penetration of active ingredients into the bloodstream, side effects will occur. The beneficial effects will be gone.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of the ointment. In case of no improvement, consult your doctor again to adjust your course. The estimated time period can then evaluate the completeness of treatment is 7-10 days.
- If you experience side effects, including drug intolerance, request modification of your treatment course.
- Pain can be a sign of a blood clot. To rule out the process, you need to contact an expert again.
Ointments, gels, leg varicose creams are prescribed in combination with the drug in the form of tablets. It is possible to combine ointments. For monotherapy, many market names are not suitable. In order to achieve a quality therapeutic effect, it is advisable to consult a doctor.