Varicose veins of the genitals can form in both men and women. Among pregnant women, it is common. Genital varicose veins occur due to circulatory disorders in the pelvic region. Symptoms of the disease bring discomfort in daily life.
If varicose veins in an intimate place are detected at an early stage of development, then there is a high probability that complications and consequences of pathology will be avoided.
Cause it happened
Genital varicose veins occur in humans for a variety of reasons.
- Genetic factors play an important role. Those who have relatives with varicose veins in the genitals need to pay attention to prevention measures. This will reduce the risk of unpleasant illness. Medical professionals learn of a similar illness in a loved one in the past. Some medications can cause varicose veins.
- Varicose veins in the genitals often occur due to the patient's bad lifestyle habits. A large part of the population in the Russian Federation has bad habits such as smoking. Every smoker knows the harmful effects on the body. Vitamin C is responsible for the strength of the vein walls, nicotine destroys substances and increases the risk of varicose veins in the genitals and other parts of the body. The longer a person smokes, the more likely they are to get sick.
- The likelihood of genital varicose veins is greatly increased with alcohol abuse. Due to the effect of alcohol, inflammatory processes begin in the tissues of the veins.
- Varicose veins can be caused by an inappropriate lifestyle. If a person spends most of the day sitting or standing, this greatly increases the risk of the disease. For a few days, varicose veins will not arise, but if the condition persists for several years, it may be the cause of the onset of the disease.
- Most often, varicose veins on the genitals appear in pregnant women. Medical experts believe that this is due to hormonal disturbances in the body. Certain hormonal components are responsible for keeping the veins in good shape. Usually, varicose veins on the labia appear during puberty, which is also explained by a hormonal imbalance.
- Genital varicose veins often occur in overweight people. If a person is prone to obesity, he needs to remember that with increasing weight, the load on the body, including the pelvic organs, also increases.
In men, varicose veins on the genitals can be related to a number of reasons.
- Promiscuous sex.
- The use of erection pills.
- Damage to the reproductive and urinary systems.
The clinical manifestations of the disease in men and women are different. The symptoms of varicose veins of the genital organs in women are as follows.
- There may be an increase in the veins, the appearance of a large number of interlacing nodules.
- In the perineum, the skin becomes dry, easily irritated.
- There is pain and itching in the groin area.
- There may be a burning sensation.
- Swollen genitals.
- Digestive disorders.
During intercourse, the clinical manifestations described above are aggravated in women, and discomfort is also increased with exertion or after defecation. In most cases, patients complain of aching pain in the perineum. Due to frequent irritability, the patient's psychological health is affected, she becomes irritable.
At the initial stage of the development of the disease, there is no discomfort, the presence of the disease can be guessed by small nodules in the genital area. Over time, they begin to increase in size and other symptoms gradually develop. Tumors interfere with human sexual activity and movement.
Another sign of varicose veins of the genitals is pigmented skin in the perineum area, when palpating will feel the presence of venous nodules, which enlarge over time.
In half the male population, the disease is often accompanied by varicocele and dilated ducts of the testicles. At the initial stage of the development of the pathology, blood circulation is disturbed, over time, blood begins to accumulate, which leads to proliferation in the genitals.
One of the serious complications of varicocele is infertility. One of the surest signs of reproductive system varicose veins is painful intercourse. There are enlarged venous channels on the genitals.
The earlier the disease is treated, the lower the risk of complications. The dangerous varicose veins of the testicles are as follows.
- There is a risk of infertility.
- The onset of inflammatory processes in the genital organs.
- Mental health is damaged by discomfort.
The disease can disrupt the functioning of the reproductive system, during pregnancy the mother with genital varicose veins may have difficulty.
The possibility of infertility is explained by the fact that inflammation during the development of the disease can reach the tissues of the genital organs themselves. As a result, ulcers begin to form. In that situation, specialists perform surgical intervention, conservative methods will not be effective.
If the patient ignores the clinical manifestations of the disease and does not seek the advice of a specialist for a long time, their flora is disturbed. As a result, inflammation and fungus begin. This further complicates the diagnosis.
When contacting a medical professional, the patient is given diagnostic procedures, blood is drawn for testing. Most often, conservative methods of combating the disease are used. The attending physician recommends purchasing compression underwear, prescribing anesthetic ointments, and prescribing certain medications.
In some cases, sclerotherapy is required. This is an injection technique with which you can remove altered veins. The affected area is cooled with air, after which a drug solution is injected, which narrows the veins and normalizes blood flow. 6 minutes after injection, the affected areas are squeezed from the sides.
Sclerotherapy is one of the effective treatments for varicocele, it prevents the formation of blood clots in the future.
The medical degree does not make it possible to get rid of varicose veins of the genitals. Consult with an authorized medical professional to achieve rapid improvement of the condition and elimination of clinical manifestations of the pathology.
At the end of the course of treatment, the patient should engage in the prevention of pathology, which will reduce the risk of recurrence.
- If there is a genetic factor, hormonal drugs should be stopped. This includes contraception.
- Pregnancy can cause complications if a woman is more likely to develop varicose veins. During pregnancy, there are hormonal changes in the body. As a result, there may be a lack of the hormone that keeps the veins in good shape. For this reason, during pregnancy, the risk of developing genital varicose veins increases dramatically.
- It is important for adolescents to be upfront about the potentially serious consequences of early sexual activity.
- Health professionals strongly recommend giving up smoking and alcohol abuse. A large number of methods and means of giving up bad habits have been developed.
- Doctors advise to pay special attention to the fight against excess weight. Obesity isn't just caused by overeating. It will not be possible to beat the pathology until the patient is rid of the extra weight.
Modern level of medicine allows you to cope with the clinical manifestations of genital varicose veins. There are many painless methods to solve the problem.
All the patient needs is to consult a specialist at the first symptoms of the disease. This will simplify the treatment process and avoid complications.